The decreeased accurracy really hurts the experience. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: �io hates me.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-18, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

The decreeased accurracy really hurts the experience.

**Note - Im not complaining about increased recoil**

As is the case with many Americans I shoot gun IRL. I target practice and I go hunting. Im not some sort of sniper expert but Im competent.

One of the things that I really had enjoyed in tech beta and regular beta was that shooting guns in game actually reminded me of shooting a real gun - unlike so many other games.
If you took the time to aim the guns actually shot more or less where you pointed them - real gun also work this way.

Now have "video game" style guns. Video game style guns are less accurate than real military rifles from 1891(and yes I have shot military guns from 1891.) Video game gun have acurracy similar to a Brown Bess musket.

This is just dumb - in the name of balance the devs warped the most basic element of warfare(shooting) into something unbelievable.
If you crouch and aim it should be extremely easy to stationary object the size of a torso at 200 meters - at least for the first shot.

On a separate note Im completely in agreement with increased recoil. And the idea of each gun having a unique recoil signature is great.
Old 2012-09-19, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: The decreeased accurracy really hurts the experience.

Totally true brother, the devs need to fix accuracy issues with a lot of these guns. The LMG is total shit outside of thirty yards.
Old 2012-09-19, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Agreed
Old 2012-09-19, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sunrock
Major

Are we talking about decreased accuracy while taking damage or the recent weapon changes?
Old 2012-09-19, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

/signed
Old 2012-09-19, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
morf
First Sergeant

Agree 100%. A few weeks ago a bunch of idiots were on here arguing that there should be CoF even when aiming down the sight, or worse, just CoF and no recoil anywhere. The result is we end up with guns that don't belong anywhere near a battlefield. Firearms are precision instruments that shoot where you aim them. Recoil is the best system if you want the weapon to feel "real" and also reward skillful play. A skilled player who manages recoil effectively deserves to be deadly accurate and should not have his advantage watered down by a random number generator.
Old 2012-09-19, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Scopedog
Private

/signed I hate cone of fire recoil is the way to go
Old 2012-09-19, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zonna
Private

sadly i haven't played ps2 yet, my pc can't handle it [even though i'm able to be in beta now], but thats the single biggest problem i had with PS1...CoF aka Cone of Poo....hope they fix this by the time i get my new rig...
Old 2012-09-20, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gortha
First Sergeant

w0rd!

My Vanu HA Gun is worse than ever.
Even with me secondary shield i am often beated at certain distances by LA or Engies/Medics, just because their Accuracy is way better.

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-09-20, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CutterJohn
Colonel

They are inaccurate because the map is tiny. If the rifles were more accurate, you'd have engagements where you can barely even see the other side.

The continents are only 8km x 8km. If you had realistic weapon ranges, you could shell a base across the continent with tanks.

Though I would shit myself if a game ever did shotguns or rockets correctly.
Old 2012-09-20, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lucifarus
Private

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
They are inaccurate because the map is tiny. If the rifles were more accurate, you'd have engagements where you can barely even see the other side.

The continents are only 8km x 8km. If you had realistic weapon ranges, you could shell a base across the continent with tanks.

...the tank shelling sounds kinda cool, actually. I've seen tinier games with better accuracy.

http://vagary.tv/wp-contentnew/2011/...n-screen-2.jpg

Behold!

I'd also say there are far too many hills and trees for infantry weapons to actually shoot as far as you're imagining. Assuming the maps don't all load at the same time, I doubt a bullet would actually be able to go that far anyway.

Last edited by Lucifarus; 2012-09-20 at 03:58 AM.
Old 2012-09-20, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Figment
Lieutenant General

The problem is ttk and the amount of people firing. I agree that the accuracy is mindblowingly bad even in relation to PS1 at times.

But with these ttks and this many people firing... High accuracy would be slaughter where it already is carnage... I'd prefer they up accuracy, but then also increase ttk a bit.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The problem is ttk and the amount of people firing. I agree that the accuracy is mindblowingly bad even in relation to PS1 at times.

But with these ttks and this many people firing... High accuracy would be slaughter where it already is carnage... I'd prefer they up accuracy, but then also increase ttk a bit.

But if they just returned it to the level of accuracy they had 2 weeks ago it would be a huge improvement.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post

It wasnt carnage 2 weeks ago.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post

That is false. Bullet drop already make super long range shots hard. And as i just said to someone else - what you mention was not happening 2 weeks ago.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion