Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-10-28, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Fuck I realy need help

SO i'm playing farcry, downloading CS:Source in the background and listening to music, (RHCP, Californication not that it matters). Anyway i just got kicked out of a sever for using the rocket even though no one said it was against the rules. I hit ok a the kicked form server message and as i was moving my mouse to join a new server my screen froze and the sound stopped. I tried alt-F4 to get out of farcry but that did not work. So i reached down and hit the reset button. It goes though the normal boot sounds(hd's spinning up fans go on ect.) but the screen stayed blank, no BIOS screen or anything. I thought well parhaps my vidcard died for some reason, so i put in my 5600 and started her up, same nothingness. So i need help bigtime, things point to the Mobo or CPU, most likey mobo(or both) as it makes noises when the CPU is not working.

But realy i need to find out. Specs are below + 40 gig WD 7200 rpm IDE hd, 120gb Samsung 7200 rpm drive.

Also i replaced the mobo Northbridge cooler, and had lower temps(the old one i messed up, long story). it makes no scence to it has been running stable for ever now. No i have not uped voltages, or changed anything besides downloading steam for the HL2 bronze package.

help...

EDIT: things i have tried after this post:
different PSU, starting it without CPU, as my mobo has a Voice POST that as one of it's features will say no CPU intalled if there is none, tried only plugign in video, and mobo(no HD's) right now i took eveythign out of the case and uded s damp rag to clean up all the dust in the case, and the blew the dust off components. I'm gone let it drie for a bit and put eveything back together, then if it still doens't work i'm calling asus to see if i can RMA it.

I'm preaty much out of commision untill i get this fixed. I realy hope its the Mobo, the CPU has no waranty being OEM. And even if i voided the mobo waranty a new one is much cheaper. Though i fear S.N.D.S.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-10-28 at 06:59 PM.
Old 2004-10-28, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

[sarcasim]i think i know why it crashed... DL'ing CSS and listening to music... hm...[sarcasim]
Old 2004-10-28, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

haha now go back to the lounge with your "humor"

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-10-29, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Shit. Not good. My only guess would be the Sudden Death on the mobo. I assume you tried booting it up with just 1 RAM module, trying just one or the other, etc. Thats all I can suggest at this point. :\

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-10-30, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yeah, i did, i just sent my mobo in today, it will take 10 bussiness day's but return shipping by UPS ground to get it back. So i'm basicaly out for 2-3 weeks, arg.

Well perhaps out of sheer boredom i'll get a life, or a girlfriend or something.

Old 2004-10-30, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Bummer man... guess the Black Hawks will see ya when you get back...

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-11-18, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Well i was just on th ephone with Asus and they will be shipping it back to me in a couple of days. I guess it's fixed.

I'm slightly angry that it has taken so long.

Old 2004-11-18, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Rbstr
Well i was just on th ephone with Asus and they will be shipping it back to me in a couple of days. I guess it's fixed.

I'm slightly angry that it has taken so long.
Did they make mention of what had happened?

I had an ASUS board that did soemthing similar, some capcitors blew :/
Old 2004-11-18, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

no i asked and they said that they woudl explain with the package, like somehtign typed up i guess

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum