End subscription fee. Since we got screwed. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma must be squozen
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-09, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Vaner
Private

End subscription fee. Since we got screwed.

We have all been Devastated by the news, or, as it seems the lack of, from E3. Now that we know that Sony has been stringing us along these last many, many months; It is time for them to Open up the original, and most likely only version of the game, for free. End subsription fees.
The purpose of subscriptions is for upkeep and develop of the game and additional upgrades. I have a friend in the video game industry. He informed me that a game like Planetside does not take much to upkeep, they probablly only have a few guys monitoring it.
Yet they are still demanding a huge monthly fee. They are basically robbing the players that remain. you know what. They really dont give a shit, how we feel. Lets face it, to them its a dying game. The just want to squeeze as much profit out of it as possible.
If PSU was set for future release, like withing next year and half. It would make sense for them to open the game up for free. Get a bunch of new people interested in this style of game. No other game is like it. Alas, this most likely wont happen. The end
Old 2011-06-09, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Re: End subscription fee. Since we got screwed.

Another one of these threads?
Old 2011-06-09, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

I'd say "It's your own fault if you still pay for a game like that". The thing that's worth pointing out though is, that they once again lured players into subscribing to the game with a promise, which they didn't keep. I'm talking about the beta slots for those subscibed to the game. Sure they didn't mention when the beta would start, but right now it seems as if you'd have to wait at least a year. So how long are those guys supposed to stay subscribed?

Then again, you can really only blame yourself if you fell for something like that again. I'm just glad I didn't pay a cent to them in 4 years.
Old 2011-06-09, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Redshift
Major

tbh anyone who subbed just for the beta slot is an idiot, i sub every now and then when i fancy mucking around on it for a night or two, and ofc while it's free for 45 days ^^
Old 2011-06-09, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

It would be nice if they made the game free again, I'm definitely not gonna sub since planetside:next sounds done as far as the near future is concerned.
Old 2011-06-09, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Raymac
Brigadier General

Yeah, I didn't subscribe just to get into beta. Thats a tricky gamble, which continues to lose, so I really don't have that much sympathy. I prefer the craps table.

However, I did resub because of the great battles created by the large numbers of players that came back for the beta. So I'm vicariously connected to the Great Planetside 2 Beta Gamble. Yeah, it's really fucked up that they've made it sound like beta was imminent, so hopefully they make up for that by giving us some sort of time window for beta.

I'm just starting to get really concerned that the real cause for the continued delay in any information getting released is because the game is crap. It was crap, so they decided to use a new engine, and now they are having problems with the new engine so it is still crappy. Lets face it, the original Planetside is a little clunky compared to the smoothness of many other shooters, which we accept because of the huge scale we are getting. If PS2 is testing even worse than the original, then that would be one explaination for zero information being released since that TR soldier render.

I know I'm sounding like a "sky is falling" spaz, but due to the overwhelming silence when we were promised, and I quote, "a lot more details over the coming weeks and months" way back in mid-April, I think we need to seriously consider this possibility. Personally, I'm going on that assumption moving forward until I hear something from SOE that changes that.

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-06-09 at 03:35 PM.
Old 2011-06-09, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Aractain
Major

Yeah, its a worst case but without info that should be here by thier own indications then we can't just assume everything is fine...
Old 2011-06-10, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Vaner View Post
We have all been Devastated by the news, or, as it seems the lack of, from E3. Now that we know that Sony has been stringing us along these last many, many months; It is time for them to Open up the original, and most likely only version of the game, for free. End subsription fees.
The purpose of subscriptions is for upkeep and develop of the game and additional upgrades. I have a friend in the video game industry. He informed me that a game like Planetside does not take much to upkeep, they probablly only have a few guys monitoring it.
Yet they are still demanding a huge monthly fee. They are basically robbing the players that remain. you know what. They really dont give a shit, how we feel. Lets face it, to them its a dying game. The just want to squeeze as much profit out of it as possible.
If PSU was set for future release, like withing next year and half. It would make sense for them to open the game up for free. Get a bunch of new people interested in this style of game. No other game is like it. Alas, this most likely wont happen. The end

I wish i could get all you idiots into a room full of acid. Slow working acid.
Old 2011-06-10, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
LordReaver
First Sergeant

I thought it seemed to early for beta when I resubbed. Although, I had felt the urge anyways, and the possibility of a beta invite made the choice easy. I bet you don't even need an active sub when the time comes. You will probably just need to have had an active sub in the past. Like with the outage, how they gave all past subbers free time on all games they had subbed to in the past, even if they didn't have an active sub.
Old 2011-06-10, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I can help round them up

To the OP, subscription fee is the only thing that keeps the vast majority of cheaters away, look at the 45 day free for all accounts, the population boomed true but so did all the cheaters. F2P = Free 2 Cheat

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-06-10, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vaner
Private

Basti

Lol, this guy is a tool. He is soo distraught, living in his dream world. you need to stop getting fucked by your dad.

Okay, aside from the tool above. I would still like to hold out hope, that sometime in the future Soe or some other company would release a new Planetside. I dont give a rat fuck what they call it =P

To the post that making game free would encourage cheaters to join the ranks. I would be open to just reducing the fee to, maybe half price.

Last edited by Vaner; 2011-06-10 at 03:09 PM.
Old 2011-06-10, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

How would they make money on it if the severs were provided for free at this point?

I mean, how many MMO's are free to play when they aren't micro-transaction type things or similar? Obviously excluding renegade servers of some older games.

Besides that, I really hope no one is "devastated",like you say, about the state of the game.
It's an Internet game. You just sound stupid being so concerned about it.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2011-06-10 at 03:24 PM.
Old 2011-06-10, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vaner
Private

How would they make money on it if the severs were provided for free at this point?

I mean, how many MMO's are free to play when they aren't micro-transaction type things or similar? Obviously excluding renegade servers of some older games.
You made some good points. But remember, this is an old game. As far as the video game world, it is very old. I know EQ, WOW, but those games keep getting updates, regularly. Basically new content. Not PS. My reason for mentioning free, was to garner interest in the future release of PSN. TO draw in new people who havent experienced the original. SOE has alot of money. THey have many other money making video game ventures. PS is a dying game, its subs are very low. So hence why I offered this as an option. At minimun, reduce the cost. What it has is, something no other shooter has to offer, Massive gameplay.

Last edited by Vaner; 2011-06-10 at 03:29 PM.
Old 2011-06-10, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Free while requiring credit card should keep the cheaters away.
Old 2011-06-10, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Was sollen solche Aussagen? Kannst du mir das mal erklären?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion