Poll: No more sanctuary? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pull the pin... then what?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Sanc or no Sanc
Sanc 32 49.23%
No Sanc 20 30.77%
Moon pie and RC cola. (IE you don't have an opinion) 13 20.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-08-12, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Poll: No more sanctuary?

With the announcement that there would be no more sanc in game I was wondering how the majority of people felt about this. So far there have been mixed post both for the new system and against so I thought I would poll what people thought.
Old 2011-08-12, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Timmy
Private

Re: Poll: No more sanctuary?

The sanc really did feel like a hinderance or otherwise waste of time to getting into battle. Games already waste enough real life time, do I really need to stare at a HART timer on top of that?
One of the minuscule benefits was the ability to get a galaxy without needing a Dropship Facility, but since they are removing the limitation of having certain vehicles only available at certain facility types then that's no longer a concern.
Old 2011-08-12, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

Hate to specualte on something like this since I have no idea how they plan to implement the game flow. I voted "No opinion"
Old 2011-08-12, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
The sanc really did feel like a hinderance or otherwise waste of time to getting into battle. Games already waste enough real life time, do I really need to stare at a HART timer on top of that?
One of the minuscule benefits was the ability to get a galaxy without needing a Dropship Facility, but since they are removing the limitation of having certain vehicles only available at certain facility types then that's no longer a concern.
There is a HART I believe, and it doesn't have a timer.
Old 2011-08-12, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Raymac
Brigadier General

The Sanc is basically a lobby. As long as we still have a place to assemble for raids, then I say good riddence.

Old 2011-08-12, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kouza
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Atuday View Post
With the announcement that there would be no more sanc in game I was wondering how the majority of people felt about this. So far there have been mixed post both for the new system and against so I thought I would poll what people thought.
I`m Sure Sony wont be stupid with this. I am not worried about it, beta will tell us if its ok or not.
Old 2011-08-12, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
but since they are removing the limitation of having certain vehicles only available at certain facility types then that's no longer a concern.
Wait, what? Link the source please.
Old 2011-08-12, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Timmy
Private

Can we expect more varied base layouts?
Currently we are coming up with a way on how interiors are going to work, we are working on predictability vs randomness and we are leaning towards more standard base layouts rather than random. But this time around combat will be less centralized on bases. There will not be specific purpose built facilities such as drop ship etc (ie you won't require a dropship center to build dropships)
From the FAQ sticky, Scroll down to "Part 2"

http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...2011-qa-70.htm

Last edited by Timmy; 2011-08-12 at 05:01 PM.
Old 2011-08-12, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

IMO - keep sanctuary. It gives outfits and the empire a place to form up that's not directly related to any of the continents that we can fight for.

If you think it slows down the game then don't use it. Instant action or use one of the other methods SOE implements to get into battle.

Removing something that people can choose to use or ignore is unnecessary.
Old 2011-08-12, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zulthus
Colonel

I agree for the same reasons as MasterChief096. The sanctuary is a convinience, and can be used to form massive raids, or simply a place to safely AFK for a while. If you don't want to use it, as above, you can simply choose to ignore it. It shouldn't be removed and make it harder for larger outfits to do their thing.

This is, of course, not the case if the "uncaps" on each continent serve the same purpose. Enemies can't see what you're doing and you've 100% safe in the environment.
Old 2011-08-12, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post
IMO - keep sanctuary. It gives outfits and the empire a place to form up that's not directly related to any of the continents that we can fight for.

If you think it slows down the game then don't use it. Instant action or use one of the other methods SOE implements to get into battle.

Removing something that people can choose to use or ignore is unnecessary.
But the catch is, you CAN'T just ignore it. When you log in, you are immediately sent there. You don't have a choice.

I agree with you 100% that outfits need a place to form up. I just don't think the game needs a whole separate continent for that purpose. It's like the Construct Program from the Matrix. We don't need a big empty place so we can say "I need guns, lots of guns, dude."

Old 2011-08-12, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
But the catch is, you CAN'T just ignore it. When you log in, you are immediately sent there. You don't have a choice.

I agree with you 100% that outfits need a place to form up. I just don't think the game needs a whole separate continent for that purpose. It's like the Construct Program from the Matrix. We don't need a big empty place so we can say "I need guns, lots of guns, dude."
I remember them saying something about you choosing where to spawn in when you log in, be it an uncap, so this wouldn't be an issue.
Old 2011-08-12, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I remember them saying something about you choosing where to spawn in when you log in, be it an uncap, so this wouldn't be an issue.
But if you have an uncapable base that has a warpgate and an area to rally a raid, then why would you need a whole separate continent for that? Just because you miss the Sanctuary?

Old 2011-08-12, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
But if you have an uncapable base that has a warpgate and an area to rally a raid, then why would you need a whole separate continent for that? Just because you miss the Sanctuary?
Because I never heard anything about the uncaps being massive in any way. Maybe they're the size of a tech plant. Who knows at this point? I'm giving an idea based on what we know right now.
Old 2011-08-12, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Because I never heard anything about the uncaps being massive in any way. Maybe they're the size of a tech plant. Who knows at this point? I'm giving an idea based on what we know right now.
Very true. We havn't heard they would be small either. But since "scale" is one of the key pillars to Planetside, I think it's a safe bet to think they will have areas for us to organize large groups.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion