Outfit Mission Generation - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the homeless quotes!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-11, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Outfit Mission Generation

I believe I read that Outfit Leaders can write missions for the outfit, but my question is... do we have any information on how robust this system is? I dont want to assume too much, 'cause I just dont know...

For instance, can the Outfit Leader delegate mission writing to an officer?

Ideas?
Old 2012-03-11, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Graywolves
General

Re: Outfit Mission Generation

I have to wait to see it but I think the mission system could be too restricting.

If you use missions for a clear fail condition and a clear victory condition that provides XP when completed, how do you reward players who aren't following the zerg yet being just as if not more useful.

Obviously I can't really argue for it with examples as I haven't played PS2 yet.

We just need more information on it before we make concrete decisions on it imo.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SKYeXile
Major General

i would presume the missions system would be setup with like multiple options to select or something so like:

defend X
attack X
destroy X
Deploy X
kill X Z
rally X

@

proximity of Y waypoint
At Y hex/hex cluster
Y objective

But then im not a game designer, i hope they have something more customisable worked out.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-03-11, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SgtMAD
Captain

three threads about this topic on the front page right now.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
three threads about this topic on the front page right now.
I see ONE, and it is about suggestions to Higby. I am just asking a question about whether or not we know if the mission system, strictly within an outfit format, can be delegated to other officers...

The scope of my question is far more narrow than the other thread, and I see no reason to hijack it.
Old 2012-03-12, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think we've had a huge amount of detail on the mission system. This is all based on my recollection of what we know. I think I've got it about right but I could be off base:

The missions you can create are tied into the command cert tree, with more points allowing you to create higher (strategic) level missions available to larger groups of people. So a few points invested will let you create small missions available to your squad (destroy generator 3, capture spawn room alpha) while a fully specced commander might be able to make larger scale missions that appear for the whole empire (capture Ixtab).
Old 2012-03-12, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SgtMAD
Captain

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
I see ONE, and it is about suggestions to Higby. I am just asking a question about whether or not we know if the mission system, strictly within an outfit format, can be delegated to other officers...

The scope of my question is far more narrow than the other thread, and I see no reason to hijack it.
well there is this thread

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=39477

and this one too

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=39601

and this thread makes three,pretty damn simple math there
Old 2012-03-12, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

I believe I read that Outfit Leaders can write missions for the outfit, but my question is... do we have any information on how robust this system is? I dont want to assume too much, 'cause I just dont know...

Ideas?
although I would push for simplicity something as simple as outfit leaders can do x is too simple to be workable. What happens if the OL is offline?

No, rather the outfit admin tools need to include specification of ranks, rank titles and permissions. Each outfit can then decide which ranks can create missions. This would also presumably link into the leadership tree.

So, you're you're 'x' rank within your outfit and have acheived 'y' within the leadership tree you can create outfit missions.
Old 2012-03-12, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Hopefully we can still draw on the map. Give us a small tool/command box off to the right or left that allows us to mark targets and label them. Would be a great way to help setup missions.

Old 2012-03-12, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ideas?
We don't know sadly but I would suspect that what you described would be the case.. at least I would hope. Overall we know very little about the mission system other than it exists.

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
I have to wait to see it but I think the mission system could be too restricting.
Judging by what we have heard I have the same thoughts. It does seem as if it is going to be rather restricting, one of those cool features we heard about before the game released and then never used after.

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
well there is this thread

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=39477

and this one too

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=39601

and this thread makes three,pretty damn simple math there
They are not the same.. this thread is asking a question.

One thread is giving suggestions for command/mission.

And finally the last is an extension of the AGN discussion.

Why is it everyone is a thread Nazi around here? If some of the folks on this forum had moderator we would have about 3 700 page threads in this forum.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2012-03-12 at 08:58 AM.
Old 2012-03-12, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Knocky
Major

The only worthwhile missions would be Assassination missions paid for by resources.

Since death is meaningless say kill the target 10 times in 30 minutes.

There are more then a couple of PS1 toons I would put out hits on.
Old 2012-03-12, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Outfits will have many customizations. I could only imagine that powers of rank would be one of them and the ability to create missions should be one.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-12, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
although I would push for simplicity something as simple as outfit leaders can do x is too simple to be workable. What happens if the OL is offline?
This is one of my most major concerns should I go through with this outfit... I want to take more of an administrator appoach to running an outfit, and be a facilitator for commanders to run the show... rather than always be hogging the glory everytime I log on. So, for my purposes, I am very concerned about being able to delegate the reigns to be held by others, meaningfully. So, mission creation is a very strong candidate for real contributions by outfit officers.

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
No, rather the outfit admin tools need to include specification of ranks, rank titles and permissions. Each outfit can then decide which ranks can create missions. This would also presumably link into the leadership tree.

So, you're you're 'x' rank within your outfit and have acheived 'y' within the leadership tree you can create outfit missions.
Exactly why I wanted to bring this up specifically. That is precisely what I am hoping the developers will look into doing, even if I have to pay for an "Outfit Depth Pack". This is a tool I prefer to use... so as an outfit leader I have the ability to say "/t Colonel, give me suchnsuch base by 3pm ", and let him have the fun while I support him, rather than the other way around...

This is how I tried to run my Jade Falcons 10 years ago, and I liked how everyone got a big kick out of an "authorized outfit goal", and figuring out ways to make old Khan Olaf Pryde proud .
Old 2012-03-12, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Xaine
Major

The constant bitching about duplicate threads is getting tiresome. It's really not going to ruin your day. I promise.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion