Will PS2 have "Mechs?" - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma gets e-mails abot putting his pants on
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-16, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
AwkdShellfish
Private

Will PS2 have "Mechs?"

Just curious, will the devs put in "mechs" or no? Can I get some confirmation please? It was the reason why I got BF2142. Unfortunately BF2142 was so buggy, I dropped it faster than I could blink.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
The Kush
Captain

Re: Will PS2 have "Mechs?"

Correct me if I'm wrong but with this game the answer is absolutely no. Being an original planetside player, many people were very upset and the game lost a huge chunk of the population because of the first expansion and the addition of BFR's (battle frame robotics) which were mechs you could operate by unlocking them in the caves. I personally didnt care either way once the BFRs were balanced, but as of now unless it is added later there will be no mechs.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by AwkdShellfish View Post
Just curious, will the devs put in "mechs" or no? Can I get some confirmation please? It was the reason why I got BF2142. Unfortunately BF2142 was so buggy, I dropped it faster than I could blink.
Hurry!!! Get your fire suit on!!
Old 2012-04-16, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
NCLynx
Major

This didn't need a thread :/. This was the biggest concern of a lot of people and it's been confirmed time and time again that it is for the time being, a big fat "no" to mechs.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Not for release but maybe in the future. They fit thematically with the futuristic setting and there are definitely niches for land vehicles left to fill.

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but with this game the answer is absolutely no. Being an original planetside player, many people were very upset and the game lost a huge chunk of the population because of the first expansion and the addition of BFR's (battle frame robotics) which were mechs you could operate by unlocking them in the caves. I personally didnt care either way once the BFRs were balanced, but as of now unless it is added later there will be no mechs.
BFRs have nothing to do with PS2.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by AwkdShellfish View Post
Will PS2 have "Mechs?"
I really hope not - seeing BFR's in gameplay video kept me away from trying the original game when I stumbled upon it few years ago. Old graphics were a problem too to be honest but these "mechs" have tipped the scale for me to not interested at all.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

No it wont, and never will.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
I really hope not - seeing BFR's in gameplay video kept me away from trying the original game when I stumbled upon it few years ago. Old graphics were a problem too to be honest but these "mechs" have tipped the scale for me to not interested at all.
When BFRs were added in planetside many original players would consider this the beginning of the end of the game, people were VERY angry and many people left. At first the BFR's were very overpowered, but once they were balanced they added a unique aspect to the game. As I said before (I might get yelled at for saying this ) I didnt mind having them in the game once they were balanced, but judging by the majority's vote and the impact mechs had on the original, there is no chance you will see them in PS2 and in my opinion that is a good thing. If they are ever added you could limit them to certain continents?
Old 2012-04-16, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

There is nothing wrong with mechs.

How they implement them is the key.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
HellsPanda
Corporal

The issue with the BFRs was that they where superpowerfull singlemanned warmachines, in a game where most other heavy equipment required multiple team members to operate
Old 2012-04-16, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
As I said before (I might get yelled at for saying this ) I didnt mind having them in the game once they were balanced, but judging by the majority's vote and the impact mechs had on the original, there is no chance you will see them in PS2 and in my opinion that is a good thing.
I have to agree with this. I remember first seeing the BFRs on the test server, was a ton of fun. Even made a video of it back then lol.

Old 2012-04-16, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Not for release but maybe in the future. They fit thematically with the futuristic setting and there are definitely niches for land vehicles left to fill.

BFRs have nothing to do with PS2.
Both points.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, AwkdShellfish: People who don't want mechs in the game will tell you that they aren't nor ever will be in the game. People who do want them or just don't care will tell you that it's anywhere from possible to definite.

Last edited by Atheosim; 2012-04-16 at 02:04 AM.
Old 2012-04-16, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
Both points.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, AwkdShellfish: People who don't want mechs in the game will tell you that they aren't nor ever will be in the game. People who do want them or just don't care will tell you that it's anywhere from possible to definite.
No.
They wont ever come to ps2, thats a fact. Every attempt of them being added will be shot down by the community.
There simply is no place for them, never was.
Old 2012-04-16, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

It has been said numerous time in this thread,not gonna happen.I would like to see BFR return.As long as they are balanced from the start and no 1 man driver/gunner I'd say it would be fairly interesting to see them back.Just has to be balanced from the start or it will be Aftershock all over again.

Last edited by RodenyC; 2012-04-16 at 02:34 AM.
Old 2012-04-16, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Skittles
Sergeant

I absolutely LOVE these threads once every other week. They're just rainbows and ice cream for all the enjoyable reading they provide between all those that have no clue and those that do.

I look forward to another 14 weeks of BFR, mech, transformers, gundan, ect ect threads before this game is beta released.

*in b4 the lock*
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion