Video Recording Tool - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better your mom's new boyfriend then your dad's
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-05-30, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SirDart
Private

Video Recording Tool

I was hearing about all the metrics that were to be available to everyone not necessarily live, but that if we had a historical context, we could hypothetically replay back the events at any camera angle given. Think of the YouTube Video's that could be created then!

The last true game love that I had after I took a break from the original Planetside was in 2007 when World in Conflict came out. One of the things that made that game so great were the videos that came out of that game after battles. I know that a year after its release, they created a Video Editing Tool outside of the Game, that you could take replays that you recorded and position the camera angles how ever you desired, move the cameras, zoom in/out, etc...

If there were a possibility to do this with some caveats, of course, such that only information gets recorded and played back that the Player or Squad would have known about, but it would still produce some really wicked results, and you could use them in Outfits as Training Videos.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
duomaxwl
Captain

Re: Video Recording Tool

Originally Posted by SirDart View Post
I was hearing about all the metrics that were to be available to everyone not necessarily live, but that if we had a historical context, we could hypothetically replay back the events at any camera angle given. Think of the YouTube Video's that could be created then!

The last true game love that I had after I took a break from the original Planetside was in 2007 when World in Conflict came out. One of the things that made that game so great were the videos that came out of that game after battles. I know that a year after its release, they created a Video Editing Tool outside of the Game, that you could take replays that you recorded and position the camera angles how ever you desired, move the cameras, zoom in/out, etc...

If there were a possibility to do this with some caveats, of course, such that only information gets recorded and played back that the Player or Squad would have known about, but it would still produce some really wicked results, and you could use them in Outfits as Training Videos.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ight=recording
Old 2012-05-30, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zekeen
Major

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...159#post704159

Higby talked a lot about this.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SirDart
Private

Excellent, already fleshed out too! I'll /sign that! I didn't see it before, how could I have missed that.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault