Improvement: Up/downloading friends / outfit lists + sharing within account - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: bah you copy everything i do!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-27, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Figment
Lieutenant General

Up/downloading friends / outfit lists + sharing within account

In PlanetSide friends and outfit lists could not directly be downloaded from the game as far as I'm aware. I'm sure there used to be a feed somewhere, but it wasn't clearly obtainable.

Similarly, friendslist were maintained on a character by character basis, rather than by game.

To me it would be ideal if friendslists can be shared by different accounts and different characters (including those on different servers) alike.

This would mean that if you have a friendslist, it keeps tabs on which server they are and automatically parces this in front of the character name if you switch server.

For instance, we used to have Markov, Emerald and Werner. If I wanted to contact Braveheart on Werner while playing Werner, I'd just type /t Braveheart. Now if I was playing on Emerald then I'd have to type /t werner.braveheart. Same for playtest server and it was even so that you could contact someone on an EQII server apparently as long as you knew which game, which server and what character name.

But to see if he was online, I'd have to make a new friendslist from scratch and add each person individually, which is both unwieldy and time consuming. Not to mention that on a server merge you lost the friendslist completely.

Hence it would be ideal to me if you had one friendslist that is active for all servers within the game, which could be downloaded by one click of a button and uploaded or added (complemented) to another account. In the even of a merger, there should be an automated conversion of server names to new server names (I wonder if this is possible with char IDs, though I'd presume the same rules can be applied automatically).

Similarly, I would like there to be a way to keep tabs on players on different servers to immediately be able to see where and which of my friends are playing.

In that respect I also wonder if we can see or contact the US servers from the Pro7 servers.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-06-27 at 11:54 AM.
Old 2012-06-27, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
wOOtbEEr
Private

Re: Up/downloading friends / outfit lists + sharing within account

good ideas.

the PS1 friend list was about as basic as you can get.
Old 2012-06-30, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Very basic yeah, but also tedious especially after the server merge where it got wiped and I had to fill everyone I encountered in 7 years from memory... That was an impossible task...
Old 2012-06-30, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Im for anything that promotes socialization amongst the population. It leads to easier communication which leads to people forming bonds and ties, and a more concrete community. I think all of this even though it may sound like a small thing, is very important since this game relies heavily on player population to keep the game fun. Anything they can do to keep people at ease and having fun is a go in my book.

Nothing worse than complex bulky systems in a game. Makes even doing simple things a pain in the ass. No matter how fun the game is, if it requires some 8000 page manual just to do simple things its going to fail in the long run. So I hope they see this thread and take it to heart. This and any thread like this.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault