J908 Impact Site - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You've made your momma proud!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-06, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
FatesMomma
Private

J908 Impact Site

I've been looking around in the Lore, through the forums, and even trying to Google this but I can't seem to find anything mentioning the significance of the J908 Impact Site. It just interests me that there's a huge crater in the middle of Indar that someone decided to build a mini-facility on top of and is fought over by the three factions. It totally differs from the other territories on the continent as it isn't some strategic position, base, laboratory, or area for extracting any (common) resource. It looks like a major excavation/investigation site for whatever caused the crater in the first place.

Does anyone know if there's an explanation to it yet? And if not, what do people speculate it to be? Is J908 some Terran ship that had problems and crashed into the continent? Or a missile of some sort (considering there's a firing area just above the crater)? Maybe it was a meteorite that was designated J908. I'm just so ticklishly curious about this now!
Old 2012-09-06, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Re: J908 Impact Site

I dunno the answer but I do know I have had some great fights in that crater.. it is friggin huge. Tanks battles are fun there and dogfight in the air down in it are hillarious.
Old 2012-09-06, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sotonian
Corporal

Ive not had any major fights there yet, just 1 or 2 small ones
Old 2012-09-06, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Canaris
Contributor
General

couple of points

There is no J908 impact site on Indar,
There is no facility on the non existent impact crater,
There is no link between the use of nanites reconstruction and erectile dysfunction
There no truth to the rumour that the Terran Republic is extracting a very special compound from the J908 facility in order to build a doomsday weapon or that even a single misuse of even a few grams of that compound would be enough to level most of the continent.
And further more there is certainly no truth to the wild tales that an "alien" space ship was recovered from the site and is being dissected in a secret laboratory just off Earlscourt Terrace near the Hvar super secret weapons & alien dissection base,

So you can sleep easy at night, knowing that almost none of these things are true.

This message was brought to you from the Terran Republic Office of Public Awareness
T.R.O.O.P.A. APPROVED

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-09-06, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

We know not the origin of J908, but the 666th designated it our base of operations and took and held it every night. We only had two nights that ended with us not owning "The Butthole", as we call it, until the patch that switched empire warpgates. We kinda figured they switched the warpgates as a way to just hand The Butthole over to us, because we weren't giving it up.

We do miss it being in Vanu territory, because the VS would get into a frenzy whenever we denied them access to The Butthole. We also miss our discussions about pounding The Butthole until it was blue. You had to know just how to penetrate it, or it would end up purple or red, and that's just not good.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-09-06, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Well...You don't see any Dinosaurs on Indar anymore...Right?

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-09-06, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
PrimeDerektive
Private

I absolute love J908, it's my favorite area in the game.
Old 2012-09-06, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
LexDecon
Corporal

Originally Posted by FatesMomma View Post
I've been looking around in the Lore, through the forums, and even trying to Google this but I can't seem to find anything mentioning the significance of the J908 Impact Site. It just interests me that there's a huge crater in the middle of Indar that someone decided to build a mini-facility on top of and is fought over by the three factions. It totally differs from the other territories on the continent as it isn't some strategic position, base, laboratory, or area for extracting any (common) resource. It looks like a major excavation/investigation site for whatever caused the crater in the first place.

Does anyone know if there's an explanation to it yet? And if not, what do people speculate it to be? Is J908 some Terran ship that had problems and crashed into the continent? Or a missile of some sort (considering there's a firing area just above the crater)? Maybe it was a meteorite that was designated J908. I'm just so ticklishly curious about this now!

Lore wise, something to consider is look at the terrain around the impact crater and the terrain of Indar itself.

You have a large portion of the map that is a Desert arid climate. but in the bottom left hand corner its actually got some vegitation and tree's. Bottom right hand corner is almost the same way. Then you have J908 smack dab in the middle almost of the map.

Add to that all the dead huge bones of some beast laying around all over near J908. I'd say it was some Catastrophic world ending event that effected the climate of Indar.

Or TR forgot how to drive. I'm more partial to the first Lore idea myself because every one knows TR still can't drive.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion