Medic bug or noob problem? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Helping the government brainwash you, one post at a time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-14, 08:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SpastastiK
Private

Medic bug or noob problem?

Strange thing have happened to me last two times i played as medic: As i go to rez dead player, nothing happens. My pistol (or what the rez gun is called) goes dud. Even the ray won't go on. Then someone else comes and revives my teammate. I can heal ok and have rez'd before and i don't get this one..at all.
Old 2012-09-14, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Toppopia
Major

Re: Medic bug or noob problem?

I have been trying to play medic because i think it would be awesome to revive and heal. But whenever i do. Nothing happens, i hold down the left mouse button on teammates. Nothing. Sometimes a quick beam of light then its gone again. And trying to revive is horrible as well. Aim on a body. Nothing happens 90% of the time. Would be nice to see some tips on being a medic.
Old 2012-09-15, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rabaan
Corporal

It's a bug, report it, if you hadn't already, i have the same problem often, i just keep trying, and eventually it works for me, probably at random
Old 2012-09-15, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Higgles already mentioned in the AGN interview that they are working on the issue.
Old 2012-09-15, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SpastastiK
Private

Thanks again guys for fast replys. Awesome community! I was going mad trying to rez and not managing to do anything. Will report the bug.
Old 2012-09-15, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Blue Sam
Corporal

Yeah, this seems to happen a lot under any kind of lag (even very mild lag).
Old 2012-09-16, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Spazbats
Private

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I have been trying to play medic because i think it would be awesome to revive and heal. But whenever i do. Nothing happens, i hold down the left mouse button on teammates. Nothing. Sometimes a quick beam of light then its gone again. And trying to revive is horrible as well. Aim on a body. Nothing happens 90% of the time. Would be nice to see some tips on being a medic.
yeah i thought i was broken! or at least it was lag lol but it appears to be a bug so just hold on tight it'll get fixed!
Old 2012-09-16, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

I reported a bug last night where if someone's laser dot rail attachment is aiming at you or the dead body you will not be able to revive or it will cancel your current revive.
Old 2012-09-19, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Toppopia
Major

I have a question, i certed in the shield thats supposed to heal me. But i havn't seen it heal me. So is that a bug or am i not waiting long enough?
Old 2012-09-19, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Wulfbanes
Private

Is it severe enough to stop us playing as Medics currently, or is it more of a random occurance?
Old 2012-09-19, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Wulfbanes View Post
Is it severe enough to stop us playing as Medics currently, or is it more of a random occurance?
depends how sensitive you are to bugs really... But I would say resign only works as intended maybe 50% of the time. There is ways to avoid triggering the bugs though.

Don't try to resurrect some one before you almost stand on top of the body. If you do chance is that it bugs and wont work.

I think the main problem with this is that the game have a hard time determine the distance between a corpse position and the healing gun...
Old 2012-09-19, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Timithos
Master Sergeant

I've heard part of the bug is due to nanoweave suit armor. Take out your pistol (so as not to waste ammo on your rifle), shoot the patient 3 times (Why that many? I don't know.); Then attempt your rez. I've tried this on players I couldn't rez, and it worked once out of a few different allies.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion