Why are there so few spawn points?? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Opinions Inside
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-09-22, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Frydac
Private

Why are there so few spawn points??

Since the last update (dont know the version but it was about 2012-09-21) i can only spawn in the game at very few spawn points. I dont really get how it works. We have a lot of territory but I still cant spawn at those locations. The spawn generators (or how they are called) seem not to be there anymore. So can anyone explain how it works, or point me to some docs about how it works?

Thx
Old 2012-09-22, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SwitchView
Private

Misc Info
Re: Why are there so few spawn points??

Before the patch you could spawn at any point that was within 1500m of you, I'm not sure if that has changed, it does seem like its around 1000m now.

The idea is to use transportation vehicles like the galaxy and sunderer, we don't want you to be able to die at the warp gate and then suddenly spawn at the front lines.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

Options to move to new locations are getting a vehicle where you are, redeploy to the warp gate and get a vehicle, or instant action.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Gals got the spawning balls chopped off. Smaller cone of available spawn points. Unorganized players NEVER have a sundy as a spawn point= you'll probably be walking to the front lines.
Old 2012-09-22, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SixShooter
Captain

Was way better before the patch. Now when you're being over run you usually have a shit choice of spawn points. I generally prefer to spawn further back to be able to pull something usefull to bring to the fight. Now it's back to only getting far enough to grab a quad in most cases.

Old 2012-09-23, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Galron View Post
Gals got the spawning balls chopped off. Smaller cone of available spawn points. Unorganized players NEVER have a sundy as a spawn point= you'll probably be walking to the front lines.
You really underestimate the "unorganized" players. Just because some one does not play in an outfit does not mean they don't understand how the game works. It also does not mean they don't hock up with any squad ever.
Old 2012-09-23, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by SixShooter View Post
Was way better before the patch. Now when you're being over run you usually have a shit choice of spawn points. I generally prefer to spawn further back to be able to pull something usefull to bring to the fight. Now it's back to only getting far enough to grab a quad in most cases.
This is good IMO. Because your taken away from the front like for 1-2 min witch gives the opportunity for the "winers" to advance. It was way too mush zerg game play going on before. Now there is at least a point in killing some one.... other then to gain exp.
Old 2012-09-23, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
This is good IMO. Because your taken away from the front like for 1-2 min witch gives the opportunity for the "winers" to advance.
(FYI, nothing directed at you Sunrock, it's the 1-2 minute range I had to quote)

I find it funny that PS1's gameplay was being found as being too slow yet PS2 is being slowed down. Will the drone deathmatch crowd understand the choice ?
Old 2012-09-23, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
CrankyTRex
Staff Sergeant

As somebody who's usually flying around, I definitely preferred the last version. It's really easy to get killed in the middle of nowhere when you're in the air. Dying and then getting stuck at some tiny no-vehicle outpost and having to hoof it to the nearest airport and/or some actual action is irritating, especially near the north/south border because of the impassable terrain.

The Warp Gate always seems to be full of crazy people crashing into things so I try to avoid it.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

ITs good the way it is now. You are not supposted to be able to spawn hop around. Grab a Flash and Drive man!

once S-AMS are more common, situation should be better.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

I still maintain that the nearest full vehicle spawn point should also be available (ie tower or main facility).

It just feels odd to grab a flash to drive to the tank spawner.

Last edited by Boomzor; 2012-09-23 at 11:18 AM.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Boomzor View Post
I still maintain that the nearest full vehicle spawn point should also be available (ie tower or main facility).

It just feels odd to grab a flash to drive to the tank spawner.
Isnt that the case? Because it really should.
Old 2012-09-24, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
IRSAudit
Private

I think the change is for the better, it does make unit placement more important, and will give legs to the strategery.

I do wish that squad beacons were distance agnostic though, it's really hard sometimes to jump on and have to drive from the warp gate all the way to where my unit is fighting. It's not fair either to expect a squad to pick up people from the WG either.
Old 2012-09-24, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Crator
Major General

So this issue started occurring after last Fridays patch. I really do think we've created another issue by removing the G-AMS. The issue being that the battle lines hardly move now. So we all end up fighting in the same general areas on each side.

My proposal to fix this issue:

Allow all G-AMS spawn points to be available to everyone wherever they are as long as they are deployed in a empire owned hex.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion