Advertising for PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Must be over -3 to enter.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-12, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RelicNgine
Private

Advertising for PS2

How can I eventually become a Youtube partner and represent PS2 on Youtube like for example Levelcap, he makes commentaries or gameplay on PS2 and is able to monetize it.
Old 2013-01-12, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Advertising for PS2

Make PS2 videos and upload them to youtube?
Old 2013-01-12, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Beerbeer
Major

What's the point of advertising a broken game? Nothing has really changed since release. People have tasted and made their palate known. Let those dummies at SOE try to figure it out, they've never done so to-date.
Old 2013-01-12, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
james
Sergeant Major

Make content that get enough views, get signed by a network. But even then i doubt you could do the size of the ps2 community. Levelcap got big becuase of BF3

Last edited by james; 2013-01-12 at 04:32 PM.
Old 2013-01-12, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
What's the point of advertising a broken game? Nothing has really changed since release. People have tasted and made their palate known. Let those dummies at SOE try to figure it out, they've never done so to-date.
Planetside 2 is not broken. The devs went on a well deserved vacation after beta was done and the game launched. They are back to the grindstone now and have an awesome looking patch slated for the end of this month. Also, there have been several minor patches and bug fixes in the last few days.

Please take your whining elsewhere.
Old 2013-01-12, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheMarz
Contributor
Corporal

OP Make attractive videos that show off what you like to do in-game, it'll take a lot of work to get a fan base. Don't be let people like beerbeer discourage in what you want to do.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bobby Shaftoe
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Jaged View Post
beta was done
I don't think anyone in beta would say it was close to being 'done'.

As for an 'awesome patch'... so they're fixing spawn camping (a quite fundamental mechanic and basic foundation of the game to avoid), finally, after how many months of tech, closed beta, open beta and RELEASE.

Blind optimism about quite insignificant (everything else in the patch) changes is just stupid and hurts the community rather than blunt criticism pointing out glaring flaws with the game.

Oh, before you say 'constructive criticism', yeah we've done all that, dozens/hundreds of threads presenting ideas/suggestions/solutions were posted in all the various guises of tech test forum, closed beta forum, open beta forum, mostly all ignored, so please, save everyone else having to roll their eyes again, we've done everything possible on our end, they chose not to listen to the vast majority of it and this is what resulted.
Old 2013-01-12, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by RelicNgine View Post
How can I eventually become a Youtube partner and represent PS2 on Youtube like for example Levelcap, he makes commentaries or gameplay on PS2 and is able to monetize it.
I say don't bother with adds or trying to get paid for a good long while. You need a few thousand views per video and be able to upload one or more near daily. If not daily then good quality videos around the 5-10 minute mark.

The only reason TB (I assume he's a reason you're doing this) can make YT his main job is because he spent YEARS working on videos, podcasts, internet radios, and commentary over a number of games and sites as well as found a niche for himself. For someone just starting out, go for what you know and learn to edit. PS2 isn't all that great of a game for let's-plays without you being damn good at it or having the voice/frame of mind people like to watch.

What ever you do, know this. It WILL start bad and you'll have next to no views. Learn from that and keep at a niche you like. Though don't force a niche on yourself, be the niche you are. Simple as that really, some can and some can't.
Old 2013-01-13, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Bobby Shaftoe View Post
I don't think anyone in beta would say it was close to being 'done'.

As for an 'awesome patch'... so they're fixing spawn camping (a quite fundamental mechanic and basic foundation of the game to avoid), finally, after how many months of tech, closed beta, open beta and RELEASE.

Blind optimism about quite insignificant (everything else in the patch) changes is just stupid and hurts the community rather than blunt criticism pointing out glaring flaws with the game.

Oh, before you say 'constructive criticism', yeah we've done all that, dozens/hundreds of threads presenting ideas/suggestions/solutions were posted in all the various guises of tech test forum, closed beta forum, open beta forum, mostly all ignored, so please, save everyone else having to roll their eyes again, we've done everything possible on our end, they chose not to listen to the vast majority of it and this is what resulted.

I love how after the unprecedented communication the dev team has showed us and the period of ACTUAL beta, which few companies now even do, people are STILL saying shit like this.

Let me say this very, very slowly. The devs would have put all the crap we wanted into the game and delayed release in a perfect world. However, considering sony is hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, some suit went down to SOE and said: "look, we needs a good Q4, release the game, the rest of the stuf can be added in later"
Old 2013-01-13, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by thegreekboy View Post
I love how after the unprecedented communication the dev team has showed us and the period of ACTUAL beta, which few companies now even do, people are STILL saying shit like this.

Let me say this very, very slowly. The devs would have put all the crap we wanted into the game and delayed release in a perfect world. However, considering sony is hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, some suit went down to SOE and said: "look, we needs a good Q4, release the game, the rest of the stuf can be added in later"
You are right mate. Probably it wasnt the decision of the devs to release early but of some soe/sony manager. However, soe screwed the game by releasing that early. At lauch hundered thousands of players were playing the game but just one month later (during christmas holidays, when everybody can play and they offered double xp!!!!) most servers are almost empty.

It seems most of the players think the game is crap, no worth their time and thats just because they rushed the game out.
Old 2013-01-13, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
A typical example of trying to derail every topic into a PS2 rant.

On topic: Just upload high quality video's, get many views and you will become Youtube partner. Simple as that. Smedley already stated that they have no issues with people monetizing their ingame footage.
Old 2013-01-13, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Beerbeer
Major

Wow, ROLF Ski is a hater. Trying to trick Sony into thinking you're understanding and compassionate to their dilemma, I underestimated you.

Good job trying to advertise a hunk of crap, ensuring more players try the game in its current state, ensuring they get bored and/or vehicle camped and ever return. Damn Sony hater.
Old 2013-01-13, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rolfski
Major

I'm not a hater, I just don't understand why you have to hijack this topic and turn it into PS2 rant.

You really need to calm down with your bitterness, seriously. The original topic was about YouTube monetizing, NOT about why PS2 is "a hunk of crap"
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion