Unreactable TTK= Shotgun..More Nerf/ Less Insta kill - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sorry, we're open.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-30, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Unreactable TTK= Shotgun..More Nerf/ Less Insta kill

Their is already lots of insta kill in this game...For Example n00btube/ proxy mines but at least you can have flak armor to not get insta kill but instead get severely damage to the point where 1 more bullet kills you.

I kind of accept the fact that SOE cater the explosives to the n00bs and people who need help getting kills.

But shotguns are starting to seem very very OP in close quarters.

I understand that shotguns should have an edge in close quarter combat but the TTK is way too low, you can't even react.

Im not sure what should be done, less damage, overall higher health for players but this Shotgun being king in close quarter in this large margin needs to go IMO.

Im already seeing people doing this in Planetside

Now I know ppl are going to say "Well the shotgun sucks anything out of close distance"...I know but people already know this, these people just stay in buildings.

Anyways I feel shotgun sells must be way up because lots of ppl are using them now because this is the only way they do good.
Old 2013-01-30, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Re: Unreactable TTK= Shotgun..More Nerf/ Less Insta kill

Let me start off by saying I don't like the way shotguns are implemented in PS2. I think it's dumb that there are semi or fully automatic shotguns with big clips. I have been a victim to them plenty of times, and I refuse to give up my mid range killing potential to become one of them.

That being said, I see people sprint thru doors and around corners ALL THE TIME. As long as I'm not already under fire, I take the time to peek around corners looking for douches waiting with a shotgun pointing at the door. I also look for AI mines at the same time. I probably don't get even half of the guys that camp, but I do get a bunch.

If you REALLY need to get into a room and you suspect or know someone is in there with a shotgun, then flashbang them. Or take a chance they don't have an NV (I don't know if Shotguns can equip NV?) and use smoke.

As for LA that jet around to flank people, I really don't like that myself. I'm almost inclined to say shotguns shouldn't be allowed for LA's. But that's a slippery slope.

What really baffles me is what the heck are they going to do when they introduce a pump action shotgun? How the heck can they make it better than the semi?
Old 2013-01-30, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
moosepoop
Captain

i agree with you.

i think the shotgun should be a more versatile weapon, with more range and accuracy but less damage.

right now the range and accuracy is so bad you have to camp. but if you camp it becomes op. this is the sam e issue with teh nc scattercannons imo. they need to tone down the extreme traits on this gun and make it more usable in a general environment.

i really liked the shotungs in bf3, where you can customize the shotgun to increase its range and accuracy.

Last edited by moosepoop; 2013-01-30 at 01:46 PM.
Old 2013-01-30, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Shotgun combat in PS2 doesn't play out even remotely like the attached video. For starters, every projectile is individually modeled, so no one-hit kills with a barely touching reticle (which seems to be the majority of that video). Even in the event of full projectile contact, that's two rounds to the torso in PS2.

But let's set aside the video for a moment. Philosophically, should a guy with a point blank weapon in an ambush position farm the hell out of a string of individual attackers caught unawares? Yes.

And then he gets grenaded.
Old 2013-01-30, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Redshift
Major

They have zero range... you have to put the barrel in the other guys face to even do damage, if you nerfed the dmg you'd have to massivly ramp up the range, and that would be overpowered
Old 2013-01-30, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Beerbeer
Major

Why don't you use shotguns and feel how exposed you are in open territory.

Shotguns are fine IMO.
Old 2013-01-30, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Shotguns have shitty range and they are ammo limited. I dont know what else to say but respawning is quick and easy.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Chewy
Major

They are SHOTGUNS! Are you really telling us that a shotgun shouldn't be a a god damn shotgun?

They are not the "one hit fuck all in their path" weapons people say they are. It takes a lot of skill to use the damned thing with how little range they have. Look at the montage post in another thread
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=52461

Every single one of those kills are either hurt to start with or they take 2+ shots to kill. The fact that the ammo is extremely limited HURTS. You only have 6 shots without getting expanded mags (that's for NC, TR and VS may be more/less), even then you get 10. That's 5 kills if all your shots are perfect AND are within an arms length on those 5 people wanting to kill you! It takes a some rock hard tumorous BALLS to get good with a shotgun that has NO range. Hell, slugs on my shotgun (NC Mauler) needs 3 hits to kill. 3 hits with a bullet the size of my thumb!

If anything shotguns are UPed as hell. Go to a rifle range and see just what a real shotgun can do. They'll put people on their asses at 50m if the choke is right.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Carver
Corporal

I sometimes use a semi-auto shotgun with slug rounds. It's pretty good up close and and at medium ranges if you take the time to aim between shots and not dump the entire clip in half a second.

When it comes to instagib I really hate the NC max double shotguns. At close range you really can't do anything but die instantly.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The Sweeper is an awesome weapon. However, it falls short in almost any non ambush situation. The shotguns all have very small magazines (12 shot Sweeper isn't so bad tho) and it is easy to lose the advantage with them.

Old 2013-01-30, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sirisian
Colonel

I kind of agree. If anyone on VS knows we kind of exploit them in the Indar Allatum biolab. (Left base jump pad for 4+ kills every spawn, you know the one). The problem is you can't raise the TTK for the shotgun since it would put it below the TTK for headshots with any rifle which is already less than a second in a skilled player's hands. I just don't think this can be fixed.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2013-01-30 at 04:50 PM.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dreamcast
Major

Im not sure if some of you are exagerrating in "bring right at their face to work".

I hope you are Exagerrating because shotguns range is decent from inside buildings...It is very effective even if your not face to face.

As for it has limited ammo, yes they do but if you hit, u do lots of damage.....Is really not that hard to kill somebody super quickly.

The Shotgun next to the Scatmax is the easiest almost 0 time in TTK in close quarters.

Sorry but shotgun totally out does any carbine/LMG in close combat.

I understand shotgun should be great in close quarters but is too good at the moment iMO.
Old 2013-01-30, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Illtempered
First Sergeant

omfg cry more lol

"Check those corners!"
Old 2013-01-30, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

SHOTGUNS are fine, please move along.... next nerf thread pls
Old 2013-01-30, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

If you are complaining about shotgun - then you are a bad player.

Once the start shooting they kill very fast.

But TTK is based on when you first engage. Shotguns require moving into range. So if you are dying to them a lot you are either failing to kill people as they advance or you are letting people sneak up on you.

I used shotguns a great deal for a while. Now I use carbines mostly. Over all the carbine is a more effective weapon but situationally shotguns can be best.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion