Jackhammers and you - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-07-28, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SirPanfried
Private

Jackhammers and you

So I'm back again. Kinda took a break from the game for a bit because of a wee bit of an issue that I haven't quite figured out how to deal with: Jackhammers. They're everywhere. Like I've only been killed with a mag rifle twice since I started playing a few months ago. Want to storm a tower? You get jackhammered. Turn a corner indoors? Jackhammered. I feel that if I'm in range of a jackhammer I lose automatically. I'll run a sweeper indoors but that barely helps. I'm not really going to dismiss the jackhammer as broken or whatnot but perhaps I'm doing something wrong? What is the best way to deal with them?
Old 2014-07-28, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Jackhammers and you

The best way to deal with them, is to kill them. Stop trying to tank them with your face and you will have better results. I see the JH surprisingly rarely, actually. I don't use it often, and most of the times I do, they don't even know how to use it effectively.

Old 2014-07-29, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bodypopper
Corporal

probably depends on the times

european/east coast american times theyre all over the place,mozzie dropping/farming/doing some tower humping,and generally being terrified to go outside in case their char gets killed...

lot of them ive never seen before in PS,cant understand how they got such a high BR not being long term players.
theyre that shit,they'll get killed,and come back with a mozzie to snipe players coming out of an AMS,dont give two shits about them being new players,all about kills.

so some poor bastard (usually me) has to stand around in an AA max just to scare off these fuckwits.

and then they come back in a reaver

Last edited by bodypopper; 2014-07-29 at 06:37 PM.
Old 2014-08-06, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SirPanfried
Private

Idk it just feels that sometimes if you don't have a faction heavy weapon in your loadout you're pretty much destined for failure. I run sweeper (especially for storming towers) but it feels like it doesn't really keep up with ANY of the heavy weapons. It could just be something that rears it's ugly head with the game having a low pop in general. I really want to get into this game. But it sucks getting farmed by a bunch of vets who don't really want anything to do with you until you get better. Which you don't. It's a vicious cycle
Old 2014-08-07, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bodypopper
Corporal

most of them ARNT vets,and thats the problem...

but they probably do look like that pic.. you'll find they're very hostile to tells calling them out..
Old 2014-08-09, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ncfan
Private

well i try not to use it too often when i am playing but some time its necessary to use the jh. but in all honesty i would love to use the gauss rifle more often then i use the jh
Old 2014-08-10, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
GodlessHeretic
Private

Originally Posted by SirPanfried View Post
So I'm back again. Kinda took a break from the game for a bit because of a wee bit of an issue that I haven't quite figured out how to deal with: Jackhammers. They're everywhere.
Welcome to Planetside. You must be new...

Like I've only been killed with a mag rifle twice since I started playing a few months ago.
Jackhammers are terrible outside of 10 meters. Based on this, my guess is you're being ambushed. If that's correct, then you need to do a better job with spatial and situational awarness.

Want to storm a tower? You get jackhammered.
Solution: Don't storm it. Breach the door, EMP for traps. Toss grenades around corners, storm the position in groups of 2-3. Once the CC is reached, suppress your enemy, don't kill them. Once it's yours, do everything in reverse.

Turn a corner indoors? Jackhammered.
Solution: Pay attention. Information is what kills. The weapon in your hand is merely a tool.

I feel that if I'm in range of a jackhammer I lose automatically.
Solution: Negate the advantage. It's entirely possible to do, but it requires that you consciously think about a few things. First, are you aware of what you're carrying into a fight? Second, how aware are you of what's going on around you?

I'll run a sweeper indoors but that barely helps.
There are a few people that post here that will probably pull their hair out over this.

I'm not really going to dismiss the jackhammer as broken or whatnot but perhaps I'm doing something wrong? What is the best way to deal with them?
Solution: Ruthless discipline and efficiency. "Killwhores" are only as capable as their enemies are incapable. They usually take advantage of chaos and position to kill their targets. Deny them both, and they're no different from anyone else you'll end up fighting.
Old 2014-08-18, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SirPanfried
Private

Originally Posted by GodlessHeretic View Post
Welcome to Planetside. You must be new...
Where did I ever say I was some sort of veteran?

Solution: Don't storm it. Breach the door, EMP for traps. Toss grenades around corners, storm the position in groups of 2-3. Once the CC is reached, suppress your enemy, don't kill them. Once it's yours, do everything in reverse.
I do a good amount of supressing. It's when an enemy decides to confront me is the problem. I'm killed too quickly to run away, and I'm easily outdamaged. Plus what little damage I do feels moot since medkits are pretty much a bind in this game.

There are a few people that post here that will probably pull their hair out over this.
I wasn't trying to imply that the sweeper is a bad weapon. I've gotten my share of frags with it. It just feels that HWs are pretty much superior to the standard tier weapons. Maybe I've just got bad technique. I watch my surroundings and definitely am not bumrushing these guys. I may not be very good but I know better than to bumrush an enemy with a shotgun. I run with the pack to better my odds and it definitely beats lone-wolfing it. But more often than not we just get mowed down. When we're defending towers or gens NC just kind of walks in and shits on everything. Maybe NC just has a stronger playerbase. Idk.
Old 2014-08-19, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ringring
Contributor
General

Isn't the difference between a sweeper and the HJ 1 shot?

Yes, med packs are essential. Use your first cert points on these, then use your next on armour repair tool.

A last point, going up the stairs is hard situationally, JH or not. I'd dominate from up there with mcg even against a jh user coming up. It would be the same for lasher at the top.

I think good advice has already been given, work with allies (2v1 is better than 1v1), use grenades and if all else fails make your opponent miss and then you hit.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion