Crossbow: Do you enjoy it? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-02-17, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
almalino
First Sergeant

Crossbow: Do you enjoy it?

I bought the crossbow for like 700 SC and I do not really like it. I think it is a bit too slow for my play style.

So, I officially put it into "Money Wasted" basket. But at least I supported SOE here
Old 2014-02-17, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info
Re: Crossbow: Do you enjoy it?

I bought it for the sole purpose of the motion sensor ammo which works on every class (expect max for obvious reasons).. works great

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2014-02-17, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Elahhez View Post
I bought it for the sole purpose of the motion sensor ammo which works on every class (expect max for obvious reasons).. works great
How does it work? I guess it is not the same as infiltrator motion sensor that has only 4 shots and then lasts like a minute?

Oh crap. I just realised I saw like tenth of enemy sensors on the map at once and was wondering is it a hack or not. apparently not. It is a crossbow.

Last edited by almalino; 2014-02-17 at 06:02 AM.
Old 2014-02-17, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

They don't last long, but can give you a temporary bearing on enemy activity, and it does have like 18 shots or so before needing to resupply, so you can spam it a bit.

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2014-02-17, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I had a go of the xbow in VR and I have decided not to waste any SC or Certs on this for now. I need other items first, but once I'm done certing up more important stuff I will more than likely get it, just to have it in my collection
Old 2014-02-17, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Boildown
Sergeant

I'll probably get it once its on a half-off sale. More concerned about the new infiltrator SMG.

Old 2014-02-17, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Palerion
Sergeant Major

I think it's funny some people are calling it OP.
Old 2014-02-18, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
I think it's funny some people are calling it OP.
Lol really? I tried it on VR, takes 2 headshots from 1 meter even to kill the dummies there, wonder how many you need to kill players with any certed armor.. not to mention that they arent standing still waiting to be killed..
Old 2014-02-18, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Daninator
Private

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
Lol really? I tried it on VR, takes 2 headshots from 1 meter even to kill the dummies there, wonder how many you need to kill players with any certed armor..
Still 2 shots. The XBOW dies as much dmg as a Bolt-Driver (NC)

Sent from my mobile (S3) with Tapatalk
Old 2014-02-17, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

The crossbow has been hot and cold for me depending on the situation. It's good for farming but for a duel where my clip runs out I'd prefer my pistol. It's more powerful then the flare/frost pistols that's for sure. I received some hate tells over it over the weekend so apparently people hate dieing to it. A TR named Rexxhavokk even claimed "they" reported me and continued on a rant about how it was noob of me as a BR100 to use it and anyone using it was a sniper or Zoey noobs(not in exact words but to that effect). wtf? lol

http://www.thefortydeuce.com

Last edited by AuntLou; 2014-02-17 at 04:19 PM.
Old 2014-02-17, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Any class may carry a motion sensor.

Any class can carry an AV secondary weapon.

Any class may carry a secondary weapon with optics.

In the hands of someone who has practiced with it, the crossbow is a direct upgrade from all previous secondary weapons up to the weapon's maximum effective range.

There is no AV functionality for a primary weapon which matches the AV damage output of the crossbow. IIRC only UBGL can harm armor, and it is especially weak for the task.

I keep saying we need lumifiber bolts. Heartstring is much easier to use because the user can clearly see the arc pattern (especially with heavy ass explosive bolts).

I wonder if this would open the door for more AV primary/secondary weapons, like AV rounds for Lasher, MCG, and Jackhammer and NS-15M.

I really hope this opens the door for optics on conventional pistols, especially ones that are modeled with a rail for attachments. A lot of players complain that the Commissioner would be too powerful with optics, but given that the crossbow is even more powerful, that argument could soon wither away.
Old 2014-02-25, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
JesNC
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Any class may carry a motion sensor.

Any class can carry an AV secondary weapon.

Any class may carry a secondary weapon with optics.

In the hands of someone who has practiced with it, the crossbow is a direct upgrade from all previous secondary weapons up to the weapon's maximum effective range.

There is no AV functionality for a primary weapon which matches the AV damage output of the crossbow. IIRC only UBGL can harm armor, and it is especially weak for the task.

I keep saying we need lumifiber bolts. Heartstring is much easier to use because the user can clearly see the arc pattern (especially with heavy ass explosive bolts).

I wonder if this would open the door for more AV primary/secondary weapons, like AV rounds for Lasher, MCG, and Jackhammer and NS-15M.

I really hope this opens the door for optics on conventional pistols, especially ones that are modeled with a rail for attachments. A lot of players complain that the Commissioner would be too powerful with optics, but given that the crossbow is even more powerful, that argument could soon wither away.
The motion sensor function is extremely watered down compared to the Infils's RDD, and so is the AV damage output compared to any other AV weapon. Even UBGL grenades do more damage.

The crossbow is kinda fun to use, but I would never classify it as a direct upgrade, not even over the default secondaries. And IMO it's a downgrade compared to the Commisioner or the Rebel.
It's only perks are range, stealth and the recon darts.
Old 2014-02-17, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
HelpLuperza
Corporal

I think the cross bow is interesting because its quirky. The game needs more quirkiness.
Old 2014-02-17, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Boildown
Sergeant

You know I forgot about the anti-vehicle application of this. I may have to relook at it.

Old 2014-02-18, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Boildown View Post
You know I forgot about the anti-vehicle application of this. I may have to relook at it.
You have to bear it, since it's the closest thing to Half-Life 3 you'll get in a while...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion