The Galaxy - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We want you to drive the big brown truck.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-21, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Wrath
Corporal

The Galaxy

theres be rumours going that the galaxy will be a spawn platform in PS:N I hope this doesnt happen but one idea I had was that you could load the galaxy up with a drop deployable spawn platform.

AMS's deploying ontop of towers was always a massive help in taking towers during tower fights my idea is simlair no more AMSs on top of towers instead a galaxy flys over deploys a squad onto the tower and drops a Spawn platform that needs to be deployed by one of the squad on the ground once deployed this platform only has the energy to stay active 15 minutes. this is to combat the easy at which these things would be able to be deployed.
Old 2011-02-21, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Timantium
Sergeant

Re: The Galaxy

I'm not sure I understand: is this idea to combine the galaxy with a router and AMS combo in one cert?

I kind of like the galaxy as it is, a dropship transport. I don't think they need to combine the capabilities of different equipment. We want to promote teamwork so people will have to specialize in different aspects (like AMS/Router/Galaxy certs) to be an effective part of the TEAM. If we combine abilities of things like allowing the REK to repair stuff or the med cert to drop replenishable healing fields then everyone will be a one-man army and teamwork will completely dissolve.
Old 2011-02-21, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Smed's comments were it would play a more "pivotal" role. At this point folks are speculating as to what that could mean. The most logical thing would seem to be some kind of mobile spawn point (I can't say I like that idea much though)

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-21, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Wrath
Corporal

Originally Posted by Timantium View Post
I'm not sure I understand: is this idea to combine the galaxy with a router and AMS combo in one cert?

I kind of like the galaxy as it is, a dropship transport. I don't think they need to combine the capabilities of different equipment. We want to promote teamwork so people will have to specialize in different aspects (like AMS/Router/Galaxy certs) to be an effective part of the TEAM. If we combine abilities of things like allowing the REK to repair stuff or the med cert to drop replenishable healing fields then everyone will be a one-man army and teamwork will completely dissolve.
it wont be an ams/router combo just a short term stationary ams that lasts 15 minutes this is cause I like hamma dont like the idea of the galaxy being a mobile spawn platform as there are rumours it will be. i'd rather see something like this that can be used tactical then a galaxy spawn machine
Old 2011-02-22, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
GoldDragon
Corporal

Originally Posted by Timantium View Post

Thought - However if you have AMS certed as well, perhaps then this ability is open to you? Thus allowing someone who likes piloting to also pitch in with spawn points? This is just a thought, sort of like if there is a medic in a vehicle in Battlefield nearby troops get healed.
Old 2011-02-21, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tikuto
Major

("pivotal")
or that orbital planetary-relocation thought that I mentioned in the other thread. Imagine how awesome that would be. No need to use eye-sore Warpgates ever again.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)
Old 2011-02-21, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Tikuto View Post
No need to use eye-sore Warpgates ever again.
Eye-sore Warpgates? You mean the same warpgates that are the logo of a particular uber-badass Planetside fan website?
Old 2011-02-21, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

I just hope it offers a way to change loadouts while flying.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2011-02-21, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Eye-sore Warpgates? You mean the same warpgates that are the logo of a particular uber-badass Planetside fan website?

I always thought warp gates were really cool. I'm not sure where the spawn "Rumors" are coming for the Galaxy because I have not heard them or seen them anywhere.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-21, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sifer2
Major

I think I have it figured out. The Galaxy's new pivotal role is that it transforms into the chest piece of a new giant BFR robot formed from different vehicles.
Old 2011-02-22, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Traak
Colonel

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
I think I have it figured out. The Galaxy's new pivotal role is that it transforms into the chest piece of a new giant BFR robot formed from different vehicles.
The Boob-Bot?
Old 2011-02-21, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tikuto
Major

Well, maybe not eyesore. I was thinking more... headsore.
Old 2011-02-22, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
CutterJohn
Colonel

fully charged ants used to make a big boom when they exploded. Gals would drop ants. Ant bomb.
Old 2011-02-22, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Galaxies would have a pivotal role if they were the only way to get infantry to the tops of structures, kinda like we all thought they'd do before we played the game. If bailing out from non-galaxies were removed, people would actually use galaxies, because attacking towers or bases from alternate angles is a pretty powerful strategy.
Old 2011-02-22, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Teek
Private

I think that galaxies should have a few additional perks:

1. People have mentioned customizing the bays for extra weapons or extra players: I like that.

2. I think bail outs should be limited in other air craft, and it should just be in Galaxies. Or at least have it so that only galaxies have the hot-drop function, while other aircraft have more of an ejector-seat style, so they can't land wherever they want. Gear limitations in other aircraft would be nice too.

3. What about having a Galaxy drop miniature supply stations, capable of repairing health, armor, and ammo to players or vehicles right next to them? Make it a limited repair capability, but the Galaxy is capable of respawning stations after a while.

4. Give the pilot a chaingun. A nasty one too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion