open beta worries - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NOS+MAX=Sweet
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-14, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
WNxUndeadFenix
Master Sergeant

open beta worries

ok i am VERY worried about getting my beta discs. i gave them my address the morning of the day after the beta emails were sent. but in the email it said something like you still may not be chosen to receive the beta discs. now how does this work?? is it like... out of all the open beta addresses that were sent in only a certain amount of them get picked?? i am VERY worried and what are the chances that i actually will receive the discs tomorrow(4/14/03)?
Old 2003-04-14, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Sucks fer you........and just damn torcher fer me........

I still waitin for contests results.....

Just flip a coin.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-04-14, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

that's just a business disclaimer. one of em (spork i think) said that if you got the email, you'll ge tthe CD.
Old 2003-04-14, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Seer
Major

Tomorrow's forecast!

I predict a 60% percent chance of beta discs early afternoon all along the west coast. The front will move across the rest of the country fairly rapidly, but not fast enough to prevent fanboys in the sticks of Maine from shaving their head and joining a monastary.
Old 2003-04-14, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
AcidNick
Private

you my friend, are one of the funniest people ive seen

you should go pro
Old 2003-04-14, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
WNxUndeadFenix
Master Sergeant

mine BETTER arrive tomorrow theyre shipping from san diego and im just below san fransisco
Old 2003-04-14, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

We califonrians will get it tomrow. 17 hours and coutning here

Damn work game me 5 hours... 5 hours that PERFECTLY covers when the mail gets here... bastards... I should take a holiday tomorow mwhahahahha!:O:
Old 2003-04-14, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nubi
Sergeant

SAN DIEGO?

I THOUGHT IT WAS FROM MISSOURI!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *lives in Texas...takes a day to drive across Texas alone*
Old 2003-04-14, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

Air mail my friend, air mail.
Old 2003-04-14, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
spideygut
Private

Sweet, i live in Los Angelos . I should get mine Monday then. I just hope the open beta severs arent going to crash there first day open. God i hope that doesnt happen
Old 2003-04-14, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Gentlemen:

The CD's went out in batchs. One batch heading toward the East Coast on Friday and one batch heading toward the Western Seaboard areas on Saturday.

They are starting open beta today with a character wipe. They exect most, if not all open beta testers to have their Cd's and to be in game. I've also heard that perhaps some new servers will go up to handle the overflow.

The East coast has a very significant chance of recieving the CD's today. USPS states on website that presorted first class mail is delivered WITHIN 1-3 days. From Friday Monday is three days. From Saturday, Monday is two days which makes sense for those close to the shipping area.

For thos of you that think the USPS is in the stone age; they do have a fleet of aircraft. Even 25000 beta discs is not that much in mass or volume.

Seven hours flight time to each side of the country.

Check your mail, TODAY!

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-04-14, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

Certainly hope you're correct Confectrix. I'm all the way up in Salem Ma and I don't know if I could stand another day of waiting *whine* yep I'm impatient as hell.

Altho I certainly think it will be worth the wait
Old 2003-04-14, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jimbo
Master Sergeant

I hope to get mine today but if I don't I won't be super upset. I have to work until Wed morning so it's not like I will have a ton of free time to play. I just would like to go through the VR training before it gets extremely crowded.

We'll see though... I am going to bed soon after I get home this morning and I told my wife to wake me when the mail comes.
Old 2003-04-14, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gammit10
Sergeant

But does 1-3 days include Sundays (no mail)? I don't think so. Regardless, I figure that most (if not all) will receive their disks by Wed at the latest. Being from the midwest, I expect mine Tue or Wed... then again, I could be butt-wrong.
Old 2003-04-14, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jammin
Private

It's one to three BUSINESS days I'm pretty sure as that's how most shipping companies operate. But I still always though they moved stuff around on Sunday, just didn't deliver it, so if it's supposed to come Monday it'll come. But anywayz, stop worrying about it, you'll get it when ya get it, no sense in stressin' out over it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion