Looting - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, I thought you were banned!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-11, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Phenom
Corporal

Looting

When you loot an enemies coffin, and you take their weapons... can you use these weapons if you certify in "other empire weapons" if there is such a certification. And if you can use their weapons will the fire attributes take on YOUR empires attributes or the ENEMIES attributes... such as if you are a TR soldier and you loot a VS coffin and take a Lasher will it keeps its VS attributes (fire quickly and kil them b4 they kill you) or will it take on your empires firing attributes?

Old 2003-04-11, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
balab
Sergeant

weapons and vehicle are categorized in different classes. for example, the heavy assault certs gives you access to ALL 3 EMPIRE's weapons that fall into that category. same goes for vehicles. if you've HEAVY TANK cert, then you can drive ANY VEHICLE that falls into that category, no matter what empire. but for vehicles, you must hack it first to gain access to the pilot seat. just think of lock picking...
Old 2003-04-11, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

^exactly. For instance, if you have a medium assault cert you get a cycler as TR, you can loot an NC body for a gauss and use it.
Old 2003-04-11, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Phenom
Corporal

Ok, thx for answering my first question. Now what about my second question... does the attributes for firing stay with the gun (empire) or does your empires attribute of firing a gun stay the same even though ur using another empires weapon. It would make more sense to me for the guns empire's firing attribute to stay the same with the gun... like the gun was made that way so that is how its used.
Old 2003-04-11, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Cyanide
Major

I'm not sure but it doesn't seem to make any logical sense for the gun to not fire for you the same way it fired for the enemy. That would make looting kinda pointless if all you got was something that looked different.
Old 2003-04-11, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
FraBaktos
First Sergeant

I'm pretty sure that if you pick up a TR cycler, and you are NC, its not just going to automatically metamorphisize into a weapon with different stats. Im guessing it will be EXACTLY the same.
Old 2003-04-11, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
simba
Major

eh special attribute!? R u kiddin us?!
VS: OUR SPECIAL ATTRIBUTE IS 2 KILL!
NC: Our special attribute is 2 kill!
TR: Our special attribute is 2 kill!
omfg nice jokin dude
Old 2003-04-11, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
PR24
Major

NDA

NDA people.

Stop being so loose tongue about information. :\
Old 2003-04-11, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

PR24 there is no being loosed tounged, its obvious that the creator of this thread has goten confused over something and we merly explained it.
Old 2003-04-11, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Phenom
Corporal

err simba ... the point of your post was?
Old 2003-04-11, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Well you worded your question wrong confusing most of us but I think I figured it out. No, if you're a TR and you pick up a lasher, it does not suddenly become a rapid fire lasher. It's the exact same weapon as it was to the cold rotting Vanu that you took it off.
Old 2003-04-11, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Phenom
Corporal

Thank you for understanding Yea when i wrote it i kinda jumbled mly words around trying to get my point across. But yes that is exactly what i meant and thx for the answer
Old 2003-04-11, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ReneG8
Corporal

to explain, he meant the different mottos of the empires.

Being Tr: RoF rules
Being Nc: Steadiness and toughness rules
Being Vs: Manoueverbility (sp?!? right?) rules
Old 2003-04-11, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Peacemaker
PR24 there is no being loosed tounged, its obvious that the creator of this thread has goten confused over something and we merly explained it.
Have you ever read the NDA agrreement? If so go read it again, if not go read it for the first time.
Old 2003-04-11, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

:o
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion