Are we ready for the new people? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the Vanu Burger
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-21, 07:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
nomotog
Sergeant

Are we ready for the new people?

I'm new here and kind of new to planetside. I followed the first game and really wanted to play it, but a mixture of internet quality and not being able to subscribe left me unable to play PS1. Now that PS2 is free to play, I'm going to try and get into play it this time.

So why the story? Well this is just my story, but there are a lot of people like me. People who like the idea of planetside, but never got to play the first one.

The question is. Are you ready for the new people? Are you ready for them to have different ideas of game-play? Are you ready for the developers to listen to them and treat there request with the same attention they give to your request.
Old 2011-09-21, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Re: Are we ready for the new people?

I guess we're gonna have to be, or the game will get pretty boring pretty fast.

PS2 will need a shit ton more people to be successful this time around, and that's going to include people with different ideas than our own.

However, even the PS1 vets don't agree on too much, so it's just same story different day really.
Old 2011-09-21, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
I guess we're gonna have to be, or the game will get pretty boring pretty fast.

PS2 will need a shit ton more people to be successful this time around, and that's going to include people with different ideas than our own.

However, even the PS1 vets don't agree on too much, so it's just same story different day really.
Yeah, "we" alredy can't agree on most of "our own" ideas, so... How much worse could it get? *knocks on wood*
Old 2011-09-21, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bags
Lieutenant General

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE NEW PEOPLE.
Old 2011-09-21, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Jokes aside..

I find this community has always been pretty accepting to new people.

Welcome to PSU!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-09-21, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheGoatFather
Private

Obvious troll aside, I think everyone in the community is open to new players. I always found the Pside players very tolerant of my mistakes as a newbie, as well as taking the time to listen to my thoughts on the game.
Old 2011-09-21, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Crator
Major General

As long as the new players are open to learning from the existing community and providing knowledgeable ideas I think it will be great! It's always good to have new folks join something that you love.
Old 2011-09-21, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sirisian
Colonel

This one looks crafty like one of them COD players. Hamma can you remove the registration for this site so we can keep it pure?
Old 2011-09-21, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I have a lot of hope for a supportive PS2 community.
When I started playing League of Legends it was the exact opposite of what I'd want to see in a new game. I saw they even have a "Code of the Summoner" which is a huge list of social rules. Lol "Be nice and helpful" shouldn't have to be a rule.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-09-21, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post

I don't care about new people as long as they aren't close minded.
Old 2011-09-21, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Welcome to PSU! This new generation of kids will deff be different I think. But thats ok. More players the better. Planetside is a MMO!
Old 2011-09-21, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
FIREk
Captain

This little community is quite open to new people. New ideas - not so much, but not to an extreme.

You've got people who want the game to adapt to the new FPS market with new ideas. You've got devout fanboys that will like everything the PS2 devs give them. Then there are the conservatives who want PS2 to just be a visual+netcode revamp of PS1. Finally, there are those who like being good at PS1 and fear even the slightest changes like the plague. :P Oh yeah, and I'm sure there are some that fit somewhere between these pretty narrow brackets, too.

So, yeah, new points of view may not always get accepted, but new people? No problem!

Last edited by FIREk; 2011-09-21 at 10:29 AM.
Old 2011-09-21, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
So, yeah, new points of view may not always get accepted, but new people? No problem!
Everyone was new at some point, and some of the best memories of PS came from when we were new players. I wasn't around Pre-CoreCombat but i've shared vent and played with enough people who were here from Beta that I know what the game was and how it has evolved/changed.
So yeah new players are generally accepted, and everyone loves to see someone running around in standard PJ's with a pwnisher and all gold ammo no medpacks and a ES pistol. Helping them can be a pretty good feeling you just can't get in many shooters where there really isn't any advice to give.

New ideas? Can be a bit of a different story. Without knowing the history of what the long time vets went through wiith the "development" and "re-balancing" of this game some ideas from newer player is salt in an old wound. Other ideas simply don't fit the established playground that is Planetside.

Either way welcome.
Old 2011-09-21, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
nomotog
Sergeant

So this place is ready for new people and ideas. That's always good. You get some games with fans that will not accept any thing new or any kinds of changes at all. (Gamers as a group seem to like things static.)
Old 2011-09-21, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
TheGoatFather
Private

That's true - I think because PS1 was such a community led experience for so long, the input and transition of ideas is part of the lifeblood of the series. When people didn't like something in the oriBFRsginal, the dev's sure as heck heard about it.

Just, never underestimate how loud we can shout if we don't agree :P.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion