First In-Concept is up! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Errors have been made... others will be blamed!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-18, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EarlyDawn
Major General

Exclamation First In-Concept is up!

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000001.html

Interesting.
Old 2003-11-18, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

http://www.planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=649
Old 2003-11-18, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TeraHertz
Major

I dont like the idea of the CR3 comming under a CR5 list just because he's in a CR5's platoon. Also, including all ranks will make the list massive. I'm CR1 and it only took me 1 day to get it. 3 major victories for my squad. Commanding things took surprisingly little work. It would have been nice to write things on the map for my squad though. Does that come with a higher CR level or something? Come to think of it, has anyone got a list of enhancements that come with CR levels?
Old 2003-11-18, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
Come to think of it, has anyone got a list of enhancements that come with CR levels?
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/003248.html

This "concept" is a fucking slap in the face to all commanders. I can't believe it's taken this long to even acknowledge that communication can be improved on. It is next to impossible to organize amongst commanders right now, and it should have been improved months ago. All I want is a common way for commanders and squad leaders to communicate on a continent. Nothing fancy like this concept is needed, although it's cool. Why is that so hard to get? *sigh*
Old 2003-11-19, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Jagd
Where's the damned lodestar!? All they give us is little chat improvements, platoons and other tiny little features.
Oh yeah, adding the caverns were such a tiny improvement. Merging three squads together with a new chat box and the specific amount of lines it takes on the top no matter how many members were in each squad is a tiny improvement. Fixing numerous bugs were just tiny improvements.

God damn, you're acting like it's the easiest thing in the world, being a programmer. All I ever fucking hear from you is "Oh man does PlanetSide suck, the Devs suck, SoE sucks, I don't know why I even play anymore". Then you know what? SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LEAVE. JESUS CHRIST. I'll I ever hear from you is bitching and moaning about various aspects of the game. Leave. I'm sure SoE is going to cry theirselves to sleep when you leave the game.
Old 2003-11-18, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
EarlyDawn
Major General

Map writing is CR 3.

And the list is only five rows at first. You have to manually expand each one. That way, your screen dosen't get flooded. And I'm sure they'll have a toggle like "LFS" that lets you decide wether you want to be considered commanding at the moment.
Old 2003-11-18, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jagd
Major

Where's the damned lodestar!? All they give us is little chat improvements, platoons and other tiny little features.
Old 2003-11-18, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
EarlyDawn
Major General

Yeah, to be honest I would have rather seen the Lodestar IC first, considering the new conceptual changes to the LodeStar that Dave alluded to.
Old 2003-11-18, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SkunkPunk
Major

NOTE: they said that this isnt green-lighted yet, meaning they are not actually building this into the game or even physically working on it, it might never get into the game. its just an idea they had floating around. so dont worry your loadstar will come

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
Old 2003-11-18, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I think in concept means things they have only had in concept. the loadstar is almost finished from what i heard and i would imagine that means its to far ahead to be in this category. IE this is a post for ideas there just begining to think about adding to the game in detail. Er, i mean finnally far enough to be in veiw on there list.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-18 at 05:34 PM.
Old 2003-11-18, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Jagd
Major

By the end of the year != almost finished.
Old 2003-11-18, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Lodestar im guessing would be implemented around mid-december since Smoke said it was entering production and just finished pre-production (concept and 3d art)
Old 2003-11-18, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Sporkfire is not part of a squad, so there is no number displayed by his name. He doesn't need a squad because he is the best player in PlanetSide ever.
haha
Old 2003-11-18, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EarlyDawn
Major General

Gotta love that, haha.
Old 2003-11-18, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

It'll cost ya an additional $29.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion