Got questions about PlanetSide 2? Here is your chance to have your questions answered - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do you find my mini-chaingun sexy?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-08, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
LightForceJedi
GamerLive.TV

Got questions about PlanetSide 2? Here is your chance to have your questions answered

Hi my name is Alex Martinet and I work for GamerLive.TV. I am attending E3 this year and so will SOE, which means only one thing ... PlantSide 2. As a noob, I am definitely not the most knowledgeable of the inner workings of PlanetSide, so I am giving you the fans the chance to have your questions asked and answered.

If you have any questions ... post below. If you want to send me your questions directly to me, you can tweet them at me to my twitter account @LightForceJedi.

Hope to see you on PlanetSide 2,

Alex Martinet

https://twitter.com/#!/LightForceJedi
http://www.gamerlive.tv/
Old 2012-05-08, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Got questions about PlanetSide 2? Here is your chance to have your questions answ

Welcome to PSU! You will get no shortage of questions here

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-05-08, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Re: Got questions about PlanetSide 2? Here is your chance to have your questions answ

Greetings, and thanks for stopping by!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2012-05-08, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General

Eeegggsellent. >:3

*puts on question-hat*

Infantry questions
- Why do snipers need access to the infil suit?
- What are you doing for special ops players? (Those who want to avoid combat, sneak in and need situational awareness everywhere?)
- Will there be a leaning function to look rather than fire around corners without having to expose yourself completely?
- Is it possible more suit classes will be added later on? (Swim suit, pilot suit)

Vehicle questions
- Will there be amphibious vehicles aside from the hover-vehicles of the Vanu?
- IF there are amphibious vehicles, will there be maps where amphibians are extra important?
- Will there be stealth vehicles and if so, when could those be expected?
- Could there eventually be niche-vehicles that are specifically designed for anti-infantry, tank destroying, anti-aircraft, rather than an all-round frame?
- Could there be two-player aircraft so that heavy firepower requires manpower? (Like was the case with PS1's MBTs)

Vehicle customization
- Will alternately customized vehicles with different roles be distinguishable from one another visualy at range?

World Design
- What "immersion detail" level is there in the base design? Are there kitchens, toilets, cafetaria?
- Any form of Artificial Intelligence background art/creatures, for example like in FarCry 2? (Animals grazing, insects flying or scurrying away as you pass by)
- Is the goal that the world itself have player deployed sandbox fortifications? Such as building upgrades, trenches, barriers, bunkers, tank traps?
- How many capture and spawn points are there in each base?
- Can you spawn inside an enemy base if you captured a part of it?
- Is it possible after beta or when more continents are available the on-cont sanctuary will be changed to a passable warpgate lattice to connect the continents more like in PlanetSide 1?

- Pie-champion or cake-infidel?

Last edited by Figment; 2012-05-08 at 11:40 AM.
Old 2012-05-08, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nobel
Master Sergeant

With the upcoming release of Planetside 2, will SOE be making any changes to te original Planetside? Such as shutting it down as to give the original players a time to say goodbye?
Old 2012-05-08, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Xaine
Major

Hello and thank you for giving us this chance.

SoE have mentioned that Planetside 2 will at some point have some sort of sandbox content in it. Have there been any developments on this front?
Old 2012-05-08, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PredatorFour
Major

Will there be any commander attacks like the OS in the original Planetside?
Old 2012-05-08, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

While I don't have any questions for you at this time. I do however have a personal request of mine.

Refrain to ask about the release of Beta and/or retail. This question is a waste of time and effort that can be spent on more relevant things. IF they have something to say about it, believe me, they WILL. (Even if you don't ask that specific question!)

Edit: Oh I forgot to add, thanks for doing this. Much respect.
Old 2012-05-08, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Will the ships have YPR, top speed, acceleration, booster top speed / duration and other performance and handling modifiers/sidegrades (like engines/boosters in SWG had)?

Edit: The reason I ask is because there are some fun play style choices to be had here. Do you want to trade some top speed for better roll, pitch, and acceleration so can you roll out of a pursuit and boost away? Or do you want to drop some YPR for more top speed and acceleration? How about a booster that has a lower top speed, but faster acceleration? Or maybe booster that has a really long burn time, the highest top speed, but the lowest acceleration? All of these choices have a time and place they would be useful for any player, but more importantly, this level of customization allows a player enjoy what works for them.

Given how dynamic and random the battles will be, in a lot of cases it just wont even be possible to say, "this is the right way to fly", so I hope in PS2 there will be more than one way to fly.

Last edited by Tatwi; 2012-05-08 at 12:44 PM.
Old 2012-05-08, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Stardouser
Colonel

Can you give SOE an opportunity to talk a lot about in-game VOIP? DICE(Battlefield 3) has recently issued community-angering statements on this topic and this is a great time for SOE to flaunt what they've got coming.
Old 2012-05-08, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Is there an added benefit to resource gain for a person who takes part in a battle over a base versus someone on the same continent but far away from the actual fight?

Will there be a training queue for the time leveled certification gain so that we don't have to log in at 4 a.m. because a skill is up? (Eve Online had it this way but switched to a queue when they decided to not intentionally be mind numbingly inconvenient and penalizing).
Old 2012-05-08, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Senyu
First Lieutenant

1. Will Vehicles and/or MAX's have weakpoints or spots that could destroy specific functions similar to BFR's in PS1?

2. What kind of sabotage towards vehicles and base defences can we expect?
Old 2012-05-08, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

I'd like the Dev to explain a little of the reasoning why they've decided to do certain things.

In ps1 we had Galaxies (dropships for want of a better term) and AMSES (mobile spawn points. Both good and both appreciated. For what reason was it decided that the Galaxy should be both a dropship *and* and deployable spawn point with the addition of 'spawn of squadleader function.

Why is the removal of medical applicator and armour repair tool an improvement?

Although there seems to have been a repreat of sorts, why is the tank driver also being the main gunner thought to be a good thing rather than it being two distict roles?

I don't mean these in a sarcastic way, I genuinely don't understand the reasoning and maybe if it was explained I'd go 'you know what, they're right'!
Old 2012-05-08, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
cellinaire
Captain

Wildlife. Volumetric clouds. Naval battle. I want to know what the dev team is thinking on these 3 matters.

And lastly, let's end this silly debate once and for all :
Number of continents at launch?
Old 2012-05-08, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Can you give SOE an opportunity to talk a lot about in-game VOIP? DICE(Battlefield 3) has recently issued community-angering statements on this topic and this is a great time for SOE to flaunt what they've got coming.
I would like to second this. I too, want to know how well this VoIP is going to work. Hopefully it isnt going to get scrapped.

Also, has there been any issues with the ability of the game engine, and netcode, to handle the targetted amount of players? Is the 650 or so per side, per continent, a high-end figure and "we keep our fingers crossed", or a "definately hit at least that" estimate?

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion