System Requirements - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: N0 1337 5p34k h3r3 p13453!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-10, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Faarooq
Private

System Requirements

Any indication as to what these may be for the beta?
Old 2012-06-10, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Re: System Requirements

Originally Posted by Faarooq View Post
Any indication as to what these may be for the beta?
It's been stated that the game is going to be targeted at <5 year old hardware. So you should be fine with a modern dual core and graphics card at a minimum.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Karriz
Private

I'm most worried about internet requirements, as I only have a 1MB connection (fastest possible here). When each continent has 2000 players running around, won't it require a lot of bandwidth?
Old 2012-06-10, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Karriz View Post
I'm most worried about internet requirements, as I only have a 1MB connection (fastest possible here). When each continent has 2000 players running around, won't it require a lot of bandwidth?
PS1 ran just fine on normal connections. I'm sure PS2 will follow that.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
megamold
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Karriz View Post
a lot of the data required for gameplay is going to be serverside, meaning we need less bandwidth but their servers need to be better
Old 2012-06-11, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

I'm considering either buying a new pc or upgrading the GPU and PSU on this one. Can you tell me if HD 3870 would work on my pc and run most games such as tribes ascend, assassins creed, fear, and crysis?(And sniper elite v2 as well. :P)

Amd Phenom II X3 710(2.6 ghz, considering slight overclock if I'm desperate.)
Ati radeon hd 4200(I'm certain this garbage is what giving me terrible 5-17 max framerates on all the games I mentioned above even with 600x400 and everything down+some tweaks.
3 GB ram(considering 4 GB)?
Old 2012-06-11, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

3870 is already 4 generations old. Thats a bad card to be getting, so I am not sure why you would be doing that. What specific PSU do you have and how much do you want to spend?
Old 2012-06-17, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
indirect
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
It's been stated that the game is going to be targeted at <5 year old hardware. So you should be fine with a modern dual core and graphics card at a minimum.
I don't know if modern applies to dual-core in the industry referenced. (I personally still have a dual core e6500...)

Yes though, what Zealot said is what's been stated. 5 year old hardware should run it (probably not @ 1920x1080)
Old 2012-06-13, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Fab
Sergeant

For sure i'll buy a whole new computer for PS2, my 5 years old one is really slow and I want to enjoy those sexy light effects..
I ll go for that configuration :
Intel Core i5 3570K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
8 Go DDR3
500 W
Old 2012-06-13, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SideOfBeef
Private

Originally Posted by Fab View Post
For sure i'll buy a whole new computer for PS2, my 5 years old one is really slow and I want to enjoy those sexy light effects..
I ll go for that configuration :
Intel Core i5 3570K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
8 Go DDR3
500 W
I'm not an expert or anything, but I think that 560 is going to hurt you. It certainly won't run the game at max settings, and what's the point of buying a whole new computer that's already behind the times?
Old 2012-06-13, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Fab
Sergeant

Originally Posted by SideOfBeef View Post
I'm not an expert or anything, but I think that 560 is going to hurt you. It certainly won't run the game at max settings, and what's the point of buying a whole new computer that's already behind the times?
Best quality/price ratio, that computer must not be too expensive, a thousand Euro is already a lot...
(i m re-buying everything, even windows )

Last edited by Fab; 2012-06-13 at 11:24 AM.
Old 2012-06-17, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
silentdeathz
Private

Originally Posted by SideOfBeef View Post
a 560ti wont max it?

Hrm, that'd surprise me honestly. I'd have expected a 560ti to max pside, but maybe I was underestimating it?
Old 2012-06-17, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Boundless Pixel
Private

I'm new to he whole PC elitist thing and have no idea if my desktop will even be able to handle Planetside 2. It's a Gateway DX4300.
Old 2012-06-17, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Absentis
Corporal

Originally Posted by Boundless Pixel View Post
I'm new to he whole PC elitist thing and have no idea if my desktop will even be able to handle Planetside 2. It's a Gateway DX4300.
Everything but your video card and power supply (to support a new video card) should be fine. At the moment, you have an ATI Radeon HD 4650 and a 300W power supply.

You might need a new video card at least, and possibly your power supply to support the card.
Old 2012-06-13, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Eishi
Private

Misc Info

I'm really curious about this, hope they release the info soon. Not interested in min specs, but for high settings. DX9? 11? 11 I hope.

I'm expecting to be able to run at medium with my i5 - 7850 - 16gb.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions