A serious problem with this game's playerbase - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sleep? What's that?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-07, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MFour
Private

A serious problem with this game's playerbase

I believe that there's a serious problem, and it is one that has to be addressed by SOE as soon as possible. At least in my opinion, that is. People seem to think that they're entitled to kill anything at any time. Everything that kills them is overpowered and everything they kill they killed based on skill. They then whine on the forums and get nerfs and buffs. This makes the game boring, and it's most obvious in the air; a lot of the areas where air should be are no fly zones due to AA MAXes and turrets. Lock on G2A and A2A missiles are also symptoms of this. All this has made vehicles completely ineffective, except if they are extremely careful and are only taking on vehicles.

Gone are the situations when I'd stare down the barrel of a Magrider and have that one last second to say my prayers; now I can count on someone else taking it out from a lib or with a lock on launcher. No longer can I look at the sky and be happy that there are no ESFs there to absolutely destroy me, since I can just get into the nearest turret and lock down an entire hex. I can two shot lightnings with a rocketlauncher, so fighting them is no problem at all. My Prowler used to feel like a capable, powerful war machine, but this is no longer the case.

This might be just more and more people certing into more powerful weapons... but SOE is making the problem even worse, especially with the recent Magrider nerf that removed them from Ceres completely, or at least in significant numbers. But the thing is, a lot of the feel of this game has been destroyed by people who look at it like a competitive Call of Duty.

What do you guys think of this?
Old 2013-02-07, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: A serious problem with this game's playerbase

I think you suffer from your own complaint:

People seem to think that they're entitled to kill anything at any time.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ColdCheese
Corporal

Lock on ground missiles need to go and I rarely use vehicles for anything but transportation or sunderer hunting, lock on AA is understandable, but g2g takes out all of the skill out of it. I've gotten really good at calculating missle drop on my dumb fire and hit tanks more often than not now, it so satisfying when you see that red circle and you hear the thump, but now all these no skill smart rocket players scare all the tanks away with their lock ons warnings. These F2P MMO's will always cater to the lowest common denomination because thats where the cash is at, bet they are making a killing on these lock on g2g launchers, so theres no closing pandoras box at this point, shy of a miracle nerf.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by ColdCheese View Post
Lock on ground missiles need to go and I rarely use vehicles for anything but transportation or sunderer hunting, lock on AA is understandable, but g2g takes out all of the skill out of it. I've gotten really good at calculating missle drop on my dumb fire and hit tanks more often than not now, it so satisfying when you see that red circle and you hear the thump, but now all these no skill smart rocket players scare all the tanks away with their lock ons warnings. These F2P MMO's will always cater to the lowest common denomination because thats where the cash is at, bet they are making a killing on these lock on g2g launchers, so theres no closing pandoras box at this point, shy of a miracle nerf.
Not sure what your problem with these is, G2G lock on missiles are the easiest to dodge.

Now, Phoenix fly-by-wire camera guided missiles... Just you wait.
Old 2013-02-07, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
...Now, Phoenix fly-by-wire camera guided missiles... Just you wait.
You are probably going to hear me rage, especially now that I can't get my grubby TR mitts on 'em. At least until I go infil and start knifing NC who are staring at their rocket's screen.
Man, I fscking hate phoenixes

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-02-07, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
You are probably going to hear me rage, especially now that I can't get my grubby TR mitts on 'em. At least until I go infil and start knifing NC who are staring at their rocket's screen.
What, you don't like NC-tickle-naughty-TR-wockutz?
Old 2013-02-07, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
I hate peenixes and peenix users... oh how I hate them SOOOOO much... Peenixes and Scats... two of the biggest reasons I have an overwhelming and irrational hatred for the NC.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Totally disagree, the balancing has been pretty good lately. Also you might want to stop pointing fingers on people who just like a different game and calling them a "problem".

.sent via phone.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

I think you just wrote, "I am mad that magriders and scythes no longer allow me to farm infantry without having to think about my own safety", in which case my thoughts on your post are: boohoo.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Now just hold on a minute here, OP.

You complain about people complaining about things being overpowered, and then you complain that AA is OP.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

He wants SOE to address the problem with human nature. lol

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-02-07, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
He wants SOE to address the problem with human nature. lol
If SOE did that we would all stop fighting D=
Old 2013-02-07, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MFour
Private

I guess I worded my post poorly since you guys apparently think that I'm a Vanu when I'm actually a Terran heavy assault... sort of a sideeffect of writing this late in the evening I guess. But in case you didn't understand, what I'm trying to say is that engagements in this game always turn into a game of rock paper scissors and whenever someone does something good and changes the flow of the battle, whatever he used is called "overpowered", and this makes the game more and more predictable, when I believe that the result of every engagement, provided that one of the sides isn't completely noobish, should be an epic fight, not as it is now, a bunch of infantry flinging rockets at vehicles and whining about a Zephyr shot killing ten of then when they clump up. Again, I apologize for the poor wording.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bags
Lieutenant General

Magrider was completely retarded in its previous form.
Old 2013-02-07, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Killjaeden
Private

G2G you have plenty of cover usually. Unless you spam with a tank from magrider hill, it's usually not such a big issue. Additionally, if you have a lightning or ATV you can drive fast so the missile will explode in the ground behind you.

G2A you have almost no cover, if there are 5 people with G2A in the area (that the pilot can't see/find), it's like jumping into a room unarmed with 5 enemy cloakers and no cover. If you dive low you can easily get sniped by tanks or other ESF get the drop on you.

One guy with G2A in the area and you basically can't operate there anymore, as you don't know if it's one, two or even an ESF. You can't operate if there is a Dual Burster as well. With the exception that it requires skill from the max and ... well proper reaction, from the pilot. I play both, ESF and Burster - i think they are pretty balanced, Max does a good job and if the pilot doesn't get out of there immediately he is dead. G2AM and A2AM however is silly atm.

Last edited by Killjaeden; 2013-02-07 at 03:57 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion