Official PS Wish List - Page 21 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: bah you copy everything i do!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-21, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #301
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Talking

Ok, heres my input:

Turrets AA ability:
Can you give them the ability to shoot overhead, or provide a alt-fire for them with lock-on AA missiles, like the skygaurd, as anyone in a reaver can go to max altitude and shoot down at a turret and destroy it, but the turrent can't shoot back cos it cant aim that high.

Missile Lock info:
When im in a veichal, its really annoying when im painted with a missile lock and have no idea where its coming from. How about some indicator on the hud to direction of the missile lock source ?

Drop ship centers and drop ships:
Why not have the drop ship that you get in santuary appear at drop ship centers on continents, perhaps limit the continent dropships to same-continent drops only?

Power - ups:
Randomly apearing power ups at remote locations. Could be any number of things, from the ability to use a certain cert for 30 minutes, or a boost to health until you die, or use of an implant until you die.
These could be placed or awarded ?.

Heavy Weapon Platforms Facility:
A new facility type, only one per island, which has minimal defences, but is able to produce special large - vechials. Only one vechical can be in production at any one time, and the facility needs a "rest period" after production of each vehical, or only allow one super vechical on the each continent at any one time. These "special vechicals" cannot be taken through warp gates. Perhaps each continent has a specific vechical uniqie to it.
- Heavy Weapon Platforms - Vechicals:
- Titan (from warhammer 40K) ---------------
A large huminoid shaped walker. Very big!. Has to weapon arms and and two weapon sholders (configurible at facility?). Slow and pounderuos, but hevely armoured and powerfull weapons.
- High Alltitude Assault platform ------------
A slow moving platform that flys at max altitude. On its underside, has 4-8 turrets, which can shoot long range to targets below (rail gun launchers?, or just different types, configurale at facility). On the upper side is a small bunker with respawn tubes and weapon re-supply terminals and thats all. Players can respawn there and hot-drop by jumping off the platforms edge.
- Deployable Field HQ -------------------------
A large multi-wheeled, multi segmented wagon vechical, which travels to its destination and deploys (much the same way an AMS does). It has no weapons while in transit (or perhaps small turrets on top of a the rear and front cars).
Each segment of the wagon deploys into something different when the wagon is deployed (although the deployment cannot be inside an enemy SOI). The segments deploy into a C&C (spawn tubes and weapons terminals), 2 defence towers ( a small tower toped with a turret), a vechical spawn pad and a aircraft spawn pad.
Old 2003-08-21, 06:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #302
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by warrhead

Naval units needed for assault of island/underwater bases (probably expansion pack to include special water maps)
Great idea, how about off-shore platforms / bases. These could provide a free-cert vechicle : the jet ski, where you could fire single handed weapons from. You would only be able to create naval units at these bases.
Old 2003-08-21, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #303
Eilerson
Private

This would screw up the balance of the game totally... I'd quit if ANY of these ideas were put into the game.
Old 2003-08-21, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #304
ViperGTS
Banned

Originally posted by shadowseed
Ok, heres my input:

Turrets AA ability:
Can you give them the ability to shoot overhead, or provide a alt-fire for them with lock-on AA missiles, like the skygaurd, as anyone in a reaver can go to max altitude and shoot down at a turret and destroy it, but the turrent can't shoot back cos it cant aim that high.

Missile Lock info:
When im in a veichal, its really annoying when im painted with a missile lock and have no idea where its coming from. How about some indicator on the hud to direction of the missile lock source ?

Drop ship centers and drop ships:
Why not have the drop ship that you get in santuary appear at drop ship centers on continents, perhaps limit the continent dropships to same-continent drops only?

Power - ups:
Randomly apearing power ups at remote locations. Could be any number of things, from the ability to use a certain cert for 30 minutes, or a boost to health until you die, or use of an implant until you die.
These could be placed or awarded ?.

Heavy Weapon Platforms Facility:
A new facility type, only one per island, which has minimal defences, but is able to produce special large - vechials. Only one vechical can be in production at any one time, and the facility needs a "rest period" after production of each vehical, or only allow one super vechical on the each continent at any one time. These "special vechicals" cannot be taken through warp gates. Perhaps each continent has a specific vechical uniqie to it.
- Heavy Weapon Platforms - Vechicals:
- Titan (from warhammer 40K) ---------------
A large huminoid shaped walker. Very big!. Has to weapon arms and and two weapon sholders (configurible at facility?). Slow and pounderuos, but hevely armoured and powerfull weapons.
- High Alltitude Assault platform ------------
A slow moving platform that flys at max altitude. On its underside, has 4-8 turrets, which can shoot long range to targets below (rail gun launchers?, or just different types, configurale at facility). On the upper side is a small bunker with respawn tubes and weapon re-supply terminals and thats all. Players can respawn there and hot-drop by jumping off the platforms edge.
- Deployable Field HQ -------------------------
A large multi-wheeled, multi segmented wagon vechical, which travels to its destination and deploys (much the same way an AMS does). It has no weapons while in transit (or perhaps small turrets on top of a the rear and front cars).
Each segment of the wagon deploys into something different when the wagon is deployed (although the deployment cannot be inside an enemy SOI). The segments deploy into a C&C (spawn tubes and weapons terminals), 2 defence towers ( a small tower toped with a turret), a vechical spawn pad and a aircraft spawn pad.

These ideas...are....AWSOME...
Old 2003-08-21, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #305
Holgarth
Private

What I would like to see improved and added to is the VR training areas, sure you have the shooting range but the dummies don't shoot back, can't use the combat engineering items like mines etc. I would like the following things changed/added to/improved on.

VR General training area:

Shooting range:
- An assault course added, either a base, tower or building layout, where enemy dummies pop up and shoot back with different types of weapons (dummy/blank rounds). It would also have mines (explode but no damage), sensors, spitfire turrets, and vehicles to avoid and deal with, also terminals to hack etc.
- Enemies� models to be made from the other 2 empires forces.

Vehicle testing:
- Enemy vehicle, infantry, and aircraft targets, both moving and non-moving.
- Buildings, a base and a tower layout to move around/land etc.
- Mines, sensors, spitfire turrets to deal with, (no damage from these)
- A vehicle obstacle course to go round, with bridges rough terrain to pass over, perhaps a xp bonus for completing the course.
- Allow Max armour in the vehicle testing area.
- Allow CR orbit strikes for effectiveness training.
- make the enemies models of the other 2 empires forces.

VR Outfit training area:
- Scenario selectable by the squad leader or someone with the outfit rank access rights.
- Full vehicle, weapon, and equipment cert, as well as implants.
- Assault training, where you can attack a base or tower, which can be set to either defended or undefended (ie enemies defending the base/tower)
- Defensive training, where the outfit defends a base/tower from enemy attack (attacking empire can be set at start)
- CR3+ orbit strikes available.
- Scenarios like, ambushing a enemy column, being ambushed, air attack, base/tower attack/defence.
- Some settings could be enemy numbers (low, medium, heavy), enemy respawn allowed, enemy empire, aircraft, max, vehicle, infantry numbers, etc.

A fellow outfit mate commented saying that they would need to write an AI for the enemies used in the training so came up with the following instead.

they could make it that the grief points system suspended in there and then you could do a squad vs squad training or outfit vs outfit ie, one attacking and one defending a base/tower or ambush type thing.

That way you can get around the AI issue, the only problem I see is having seperate areas for each training session, perhaps having a set amount of them per empire on a first come first served basis with a max use of 2 hours per outfit, and when the 2 hours up outfit can not use training area for 36 hours to allow other outfits use of the facilities and to stop outfits living in training instead of out in the field.
Old 2003-08-21, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #306
ViperGTS
Banned

Originally posted by Holgarth
What I would like to see improved and added to is the VR training areas, sure you have the shooting range but the dummies don't shoot back, can't use the combat engineering items like mines etc. I would like the following things changed/added to/improved on.

VR General training area:

Shooting range:
- An assault course added, either a base, tower or building layout, where enemy dummies pop up and shoot back with different types of weapons (dummy/blank rounds). It would also have mines (explode but no damage), sensors, spitfire turrets, and vehicles to avoid and deal with, also terminals to hack etc.
- Enemies� models to be made from the other 2 empires forces.

Vehicle testing:
- Enemy vehicle, infantry, and aircraft targets, both moving and non-moving.
- Buildings, a base and a tower layout to move around/land etc.
- Mines, sensors, spitfire turrets to deal with, (no damage from these)
- A vehicle obstacle course to go round, with bridges rough terrain to pass over, perhaps a xp bonus for completing the course.
- Allow Max armour in the vehicle testing area.
- Allow CR orbit strikes for effectiveness training.
- make the enemies models of the other 2 empires forces.

VR Outfit training area:
- Scenario selectable by the squad leader or someone with the outfit rank access rights.
- Full vehicle, weapon, and equipment cert, as well as implants.
- Assault training, where you can attack a base or tower, which can be set to either defended or undefended (ie enemies defending the base/tower)
- Defensive training, where the outfit defends a base/tower from enemy attack (attacking empire can be set at start)
- CR3+ orbit strikes available.
- Scenarios like, ambushing a enemy column, being ambushed, air attack, base/tower attack/defence.
- Some settings could be enemy numbers (low, medium, heavy), enemy respawn allowed, enemy empire, aircraft, max, vehicle, infantry numbers, etc.

A fellow outfit mate commented saying that they would need to write an AI for the enemies used in the training so came up with the following instead.

they could make it that the grief points system suspended in there and then you could do a squad vs squad training or outfit vs outfit ie, one attacking and one defending a base/tower or ambush type thing.

That way you can get around the AI issue, the only problem I see is having seperate areas for each training session, perhaps having a set amount of them per empire on a first come first served basis with a max use of 2 hours per outfit, and when the 2 hours up outfit can not use training area for 36 hours to allow other outfits use of the facilities and to stop outfits living in training instead of out in the field.
Wicked...
Old 2003-08-21, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #307
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Viper your just open to anything aren't you?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-21, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #308
ViperGTS
Banned

Old 2003-08-21, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #309
Paingiver
Second Lieutenant

I think there should be a missle type vehicle that would fire missles within a certain range to a specific point that is 'painted' by a type of shoulder fired laser with scope on it. this way a missle could be guided to a staionary target by a person from far away. I also think there should be night and day in the game, wich would make a implant that gives you beter visiblity in the dark useful. They should also make a accuarate bomber that would drop on very powerful bomb that could also be directed by a ground unit with a shoulder fired laser guiding system.
Old 2003-08-21, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #310
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

The idea I would like added, or rather taken away, is quite practical. Remove the trees around a base for a certain radius, say 20 feet. In Roman and Medival times, when ever a perminant(sp) base was built, they would remove the trees for at least 100 feet, to keep enemies from sneaking up close. THAT's not why I want the trees removed. I want trees removed because many a time I've gotten into a turret and right smack dab in front of it is a big fooking tree.

Also I would like to see those turrets become more powerful VS infantry. I mean we are talking over 1000 rounds a minute here. If a Mini Chain gun can kill a soldier in seconds, why can't these turrets?????

Flammey - Emerald
"Polluting the minds of the enemy since the dawn of time. Or at least since yesterday morning."
Old 2003-08-21, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #311
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I've another idea. How about adding a feature that lets people put in a CD of their own, and they can listen to their favorate music while driving or running around, instead of this crap happy music, of which I turned off, cause it's so damned annoying. At least the music in Morrowind or Dungeon Siege was interesting to listen to.
Old 2003-08-22, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #312
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I went through 20 pages of this thread and didn't see this once. How about a mobile rocket tank, or something along this lines. Say like them Inter continental ballistic missle launchers, or even rocket battery tanks. I think that would be interesting to play with. Even to stand there and watch that big missle take off.

Flammey - Emerald
"Please, oh please add an "Oh Crap" voice macro"

Old 2003-08-23, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #313
Jagd
Major

Couple newish ideas

To elaborate on Paingiver's idea-- why not create a homing beacon weapon (included with Medium Assault..or Sniping) that is basically a one-shot pistol that fires a beacon and can stick to vehicles, MAXes, walls or the ground. Then all squad members can see the blip on their radars and maps, allowing CR5s to get their orbital strikes dead on. If possible, they could also make any homing missiles (ie: AA MAX or Skyguard) lock on to the nearest homing beacon, improving their accuracy. The ammo for this homing pistol would be the size of a full box (3x3) but only contains one beacon to keep the maps/servers from getting bogged down by these things. They could also give the beacon a 90 second lifespan before it runs out of power.

Also, add another common pool weapon and ammo type-- tranquelizer flechettes that come in boxes of 20. Each flechette would dish out 1 health damage and take off 5 stamina, going right through body armor (but not MAXes). Create a handgun that holds 8 shots in the magazine, and a submachinegun that can unload 20 of them in short order, but has a ridiculous cone of fire so they are only useful up close and by firing in bursts. The point of this would be to quickly disable enemy infantry, preventing them from making a quick getaway and hampering implant usage before switching to another weapon to finish the job. The handgun comes with Medium Assault, the SMG with Heavy.
-Jagd
Old 2003-08-23, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #314
ViperGTS
Banned

Re: Couple newish ideas

Originally posted by Jagd
To elaborate on Paingiver's idea-- why not create a homing beacon weapon (included with Medium Assault..or Sniping) that is basically a one-shot pistol that fires a beacon and can stick to vehicles, MAXes, walls or the ground. Then all squad members can see the blip on their radars and maps, allowing CR5s to get their orbital strikes dead on. If possible, they could also make any homing missiles (ie: AA MAX or Skyguard) lock on to the nearest homing beacon, improving their accuracy. The ammo for this homing pistol would be the size of a full box (3x3) but only contains one beacon to keep the maps/servers from getting bogged down by these things. They could also give the beacon a 90 second lifespan before it runs out of power.

Also, add another common pool weapon and ammo type-- tranquelizer flechettes that come in boxes of 20. Each flechette would dish out 1 health damage and take off 5 stamina, going right through body armor (but not MAXes). Create a handgun that holds 8 shots in the magazine, and a submachinegun that can unload 20 of them in short order, but has a ridiculous cone of fire so they are only useful up close and by firing in bursts. The point of this would be to quickly disable enemy infantry, preventing them from making a quick getaway and hampering implant usage before switching to another weapon to finish the job. The handgun comes with Medium Assault, the SMG with Heavy.
-Jagd
Yes lonehunter i love these ideas too...
Old 2003-08-23, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #315
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

obviously, like always
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion