NC just doesn't understand - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: B!tchign about the new EXP system since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-04-15, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
LLMerc
Private

NC just doesn't understand

I guess NC fanboys are afraid of loosing the edge that they currently have. I don't blaim them. So whenever someone screams nerf the phoenix, they cry out against it. They will say how the chaingun is overpowered or how the jackhammer sucks, how they SHOULD be better at long range etc etc.

What they need to realise is the jackhammer WILL be fixed, eventualy. In it's current state it's too useless not to fix. Hell, I'll scream at the devs if they don't. It sure is not worth the 4 points. So when that fix happens, what about the empire balance?

They will own at long range and at short range.

Now, I will say I'm a TR fanboy. So my opinions are biased. But here they are.

Chaingun is not overpowered. It is just unbalanced. By that I mean it is worth the 4 cert points but it's not worth say ... 5. WHat needs to happen is the jackhammer needs to be worth 4 aswell. The lasher is prety good but could use some more work.

Gauss is much better than the other 2 medium empire specific weapons. I'd like to see some of it;s acuracy lost. The pulsar still needs work.

The phoenix needs to have a line of sight limitation. It is the ONLY acurate weapon that does not. That is a huge advantage for the NC. It makes it VERY precise, and opens up very cheesy tactics.

(20 TR defend an AMS, NC can't even get close to it, 3 NC soldiers grab phoenixes and take out the AMS without any work, shooting from the safety of the base. TR or VS would have to go through the defences first. )

Lancer (event though it sucks) and phoenix can be used against infantry, Base turets etc etc. Striker will not lock onto a turet, will not lock onto infantry, has a HUGE COF when fired dumb fire, and it will not lock onto a max while it is on a tower balcony or tower wall. Lancer and phoenix do not have this problem. Striker will also not lock onto anything if being fired from the tower balcony (other than high flying aircraft). Add to that that even if it does lock, it will not keep lock if something obscures your sight, INCLUDING another infantryman, for just a brief second, while the missile is in flight. Thus, your locked on missile becomes bumd fire just because the left pinky of that max you HAD locked on is no longer visible. So ....

Work needs to be done to balance the empires. Phoenix is my MAJOR beef with the game, and as some people said, I will not buy the game if it stays as is. You can say "So don't buy it then" all you want. I'm not trying to scare anyone with my statement, I'm sure Sony will have plenty of other people buy it. I just say it to bring across to you just how strongly I feel the phoenix needs a fix. However, I will also not buy the game if Vanu are not given some sort of a boost (mainly lancer and pulsar) and if the jackhammer does not get a significant boost.

Fact is, NC used to kick ass because of their numbers. They still do, and they are even with the TR. You can't tell me a secret e-mail went around to all the good players of all the FPS games saying they should join the NC. The skill level of the players is prety even I would say. SO it only leaves one explanation.

Anyways, my bitching and whining sesion is over.

Flame on

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion