Posted this in Beta forums - Engineer & Doors - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: death is a guy with no pants, his name is Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-05-06, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Trebor95
First Sergeant

Posted this in Beta forums - Engineer & Doors

I was thinking, what if you gave advanced engineers at battle rank 10+ the ability to use the Nano Dispenser to form a temporary barricade with the doors?I'm thinking along the lines of Aliens, where they weld the doors shut to form a perimiter? I know it souds stupid but I was thinking, say you figure your base is being overrun? maybe your squad and a majority of other defenders withdraw inside the facility.

Then if you have a high ranked engineer he could undertake the VERY risky job of trying to weld/lock the doors which would not allow it to be hacked normally but another enginner (normal? or a higher ranking hacker) could then proceed slowly to unlock the door (probably having a different animation like sparks flying (on both sides of the door, can you imagine waiting in the corridors/halways in a base and suddenly seeing sparks coming from a door you recently welded/locked and wondering how many people would be there?) , this would give the defenders time to form a perimeter inside and to set up positions? And perhaps stealthers would have to try and test different routes that the defenders maybe overlooked.

I for one would welcome the advantage it may give the defenders.
Any thoughts?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion