no nerf on maxes *tear* - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerf the sigbot!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-05-09, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Obviously I'm speaking from a skewed perspective, but there generally seems to be many more VS MAX units compared to TR and NC. Those VS love their MAX's here on Emerald, that's for damn sure.

Anyway, I don't think MAXs need a nerf at all. Using a Decimator you can, at close range, make short work of them, the possibility that you may totally miss at close range aside. Even without, a shotgun using AP bullets is nothing to sneeze at. Chances are you will die before you can unload the 24 or so good hits it takes with an AP shotgun to put the MAX down, but if you can get the MAX when it's distracted, you can inflict some serious harm. And, as you should know, at long range using a Striker, Lancer or Phoenix, MAXs don't have much to fight back with. Their weapons suck at a distance, whereas Empire-specific AV weapons excel.

Anyway, long story short, MAXs are a pain, but they're balanced as far as their effectiveness vs infantry goes. They sacrifice a lot to have that much power, and they have a respawn timer too. I may die to MAXs more than anything else as a grunt, but I really enjoy the challenge -- so long as we're not fighting a certain Empire which has flying purple MAXs (though that may be a bit better as of the latest patch).

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion