Downsize Servers - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Manufactured on a computer that processes peanuts.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2003-07-15, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
CrazyCrazy
Corporal

Downsize Servers

I think it's time to merge Konried into Emerald, and Johari into Markov. I play on Konried, Johari and Emerald. Being on the first 2 there's 2 simple reasons why I think this needs to be done.

1) you really have to be on at a specific time of day to find a decent battle (I'm not talking about zerging here). This makes the game less fun, and as people get to BR 20 CR 5, they will find this game falls short. Unless they have good tactical warfare to satisfy their bloodlust and that puzzle-solving craving we all have, the subscriber base will continue to drop.

2) Sony overestimeated the number of subscribers, and now wiht SWG out, and the Matrix coming out soon, you can expect PS to stay at about the same number of subscribers or (knocks on wood) continue ot decline.

Let's get realistic. The size of each continent is huge, and whilst small squads playing agaisnt each other can be fun, even that happens less likely than it should. I don't know what would be involved in transferring all the character infoto another server, but its high time for a little downsizing.

If by some chance the subscriber base goes up, SOE can always add additional servers to accomadate new players.

Last edited by CrazyCrazy; 2003-07-15 at 01:19 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion