Force Doors - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: bet this is the first time you have soon this quote!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-01-24, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Force Doors

I have an idea for revamping the doors in Planet Side. I hate the current doors as they are ugly and are nasty when combined with a little lag. I can�t stand when I try to go through a door and it just won�t open. I suggest replacing all of the doors in the game with an opaque force field that is the color of the empire controlling the facility or tower (red, blue, purple, or green-if neutral). This force field door would allow friendly troops to pass through and be a solid barrier to enemy troops. If the door is hacked then it should become partially transparent denoting that it is hacked. During this time (I�m not sure how long doors stay hacked) enemy troops friendly to the hacker may pass through. If the facility loses power then the force door should turn the partially transparent coloration denoting a compromised status. Finally, I�d add a distinctive sound of someone passing through the barrier. Currently anyone passing through a door sets off the loud door opening sound. I�d like to keep that aspect intact so that passing through a door always runs to risk of giving your position away like it currently does.

This will eliminate the nasty door lag you almost always have to deal with and make bases a little more secure because you can�t accidentally let an enemy in and you can easily see if the door has been compromised (hacked).

Besides MAX units that count on a careless enemy to let them in I can�t think of anything negative about this idea? What do you guys think?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion