Generator - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ima hunt down Sporkfire, an' Ima get 'em
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-02-27, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
brinkdadrink
Corporal

Re: Generator

I like the sharing xp across the squad option because then you wouldn't mind doing the task's asked of you by the SL or PL because your all getting the same thing. This includes sharing support xp and fighting xp so if your a well organized squad everyone will be making a lot but if your running around in a squad not working together then you might be dropped if your not doing anything.

On the topic at hand.
I like the rolling blackout. Just because you have a minute to still spawn doesn't me you will be effective. If you spawn and the terminals dont have power you will be running around in standard with a shit weapon. You can scavenge for a good weapon but your still not going to get the armor you want if you do.

The second backup generator idea for the spawn tubes could work but again would have the same effect that even though you can spawn you wont be able to get your equipment so most people knowing the main gen is down would spawn somewhere else anyway.

My personal opinion is that the rolling blackouts would be cool and at certain times would be useful and help defenders keep the base that most of the time is lost anyway.

Little off topic:
As far as a reward for defending the gen I thought bonus xp for killing someone in a friendly SOI after being inactive for some time would be good but could and probably would be abused.
The best way to have people defend those bases would be by making the lose of a base more significant. As it is now if you lose a base so what, eventually you will attack it to get it back and when attacking a base you will probably get more xp than defending which will drive a lot of people especially early in the game.
My only ideas to make the bases more significant are to implement some kind of winning condition or large scale objective type situations which are discussed in another thread.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion