Reaver - Nerfing it and making it work at the same time - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Danger, This really hurts!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-03-14, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Reaver - Nerfing it and making it work at the same time

I've had about a billion ideas floating in my head about the reaver. I love the reaver, its my favorite thing in all of PS. I like flying. I like busting tanks. It used to be insanely good at killing infantry with its rockets, now... Id have better luck with a knife sometimes. Heres what I think would bring it in line.

Ok first and foremost, the reaver has two flight modes, and two weapons.

Weapons -
Forward firing chin gun, light splash damage (less than a meter) good vs armor
Guided Missiles High Damage Low ROF see below

Hover mode-

While in hover mode the pilot of the reaver has NO weapons. Unless he has someone in the gunner seat not much is happening.
Gunner has a 110 degree forward arc for a 20mm chin gun. Similar to the mossy now but it does more DPS vs Infantry and has a better cof *not as good as the old mossy cof but not as bad as todays*
Gunner has a 60 degree arc to fire a guided missile system. High damage, low rate of fire. Id like to see it fly at a medium speed *phoenix speed* and low maneuverability. Gunner needs to aim in the general direction the enemy is moving before firing, cant make a 90 degree turn with the missile. If fired at a non moving target, the missile shouldnt beable to exceed 55 degrees *same as the chin gun* That means if a target is 54 degrees left or right of center the missile can hit. 56 degree and it cant. Range is same as current rockets. Damage is 1/3rd current rocket pod *5.3 rockets*. Low splash damage and area.
Hover mode is slow, lets pilot take off and land and use a bob up and down tactic. Left to right turning is slow.

Flight mode

Gunner is limited to just the missile system.
Pilot gets the chin gun, fixed forward. Good for strafing attacks.
Max speed is double or more current reaver speeds. Updated flight mechanics.

This makes the reaver a strafer/ dogfighter with one person. Not completely nerfing it. And an anti tank system second. Infantry behind cover are safe from missiles.

The way AA works would have to be adjusted.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion