Remember Continents? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's all in the mix...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-07-16, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Remember Continents?

Time for a trip into wonderful nostalgia. Remember the planet map instead of the silly interstellar map in Planetside? Remember the clouds and weather? Remember how the continents were spaced out? Weren't those good days?

In my opinion the Interstellar map in Planetside marked the end for me. It was, in my opinion, an unneeded change that only seemed to confuse the issue. With the planet map the information was clearer in my opinion. Instead of the interstellar map where all you look at are the sides. With the planet map the information was more upfront. I don't really understand why they changed it.

But wait! That is not all! The weather! Remember the weather? Now in PS back in the day, you could watch clouds cross your continent and then effect the next one. Now, the weather didn't have that much effect, but it was one of those cool immersion things that I thought was really cool. You should look at the Planet map, see where the fights are, pick a place and then say "And it looks like they are expecting rain." Not only that but I seem to remember dust storms and the like on Solsar (my favorite) and that was pretty cool.

Now... They talked about weather effects, flying around in clouds for cover, and things along those lines. Does anyone know if we are getting something like the old planet map back? Or is it going to be the Interstellar map again? And if it is, please tell me that the cool weather effects will be shown on the map as they effect the planet. That doesn't seem that hard to code, but it was a really cool effect.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion