New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donating Money...Feels better than donating a kidney!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you like a single person mech in the game? (Please read the thread before posti
I don't like single person bipedal mechs and don't want them in the game 153 75.37%
I want single person mechs, but don't like this implementation. (Explain below) 11 5.42%
I support this implementation 28 13.79%
Other Reason (Explain below) 11 5.42%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-10-09, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: New single person mechs designed from scratch for PS2

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Well PS2 is steering away from team based action sadly if you havent noticed the redo of vehicle design into a more rambo/solo style rather than teamwork based.
You're skewing the change into something it's not. The PS2 system is going into a more infantry centric direction where players work together using vehicles in groups rather than forced teamwork. This direction is more interesting for players since it gives all players a combat role and their own vehicle to control and upgrade. The goal is to balance these vehicles so they can work together. This is one thing I've done with my mech idea to keep a balanced maneuverable ground vehicle with a low top speed.

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
stuck thinking about PS1
That kind of discussion is only useful for finding out what not to do which is pretty evident in this thread. A lot of people have already brought up those points as things they didn't want to see in very constructive arguments.

Originally Posted by morf View Post
We already have single person bipedal mechs. They're called MAX UNITS.

It sounds like you want something similar only with like 5x as much ownsauce. It's not needed. It's not going to happen. MAX is a good single player mech implementation. Tougher than a soldier, but lacks versatility and can't be deployed from just anywhere. That's about as good as a mech should be.
You didn't even read the thread. What I described isn't anything like you described. The MAX topic has already been discussed. If you can't tell the difference between a MAX unit and a Mech then you have some serious logical deficiencies, and it's going to be hard to have a meaningful conversation with you.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I don't care about them because Smed already said they wouldn't be in, no point arguing about them in a 900 page thread.
T-Ray still wants them, and I'm confident in his ability to make change. (That and he sounded like he'd like to model them and bring them into the new PS2 style).

Also I've yet to see a solid argument against this thread. The only legit argument has been that a person doesn't like the chassis design. Other than that it's been a spew of irrational, as Vancha put it, comments. This community can do better than that.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion