Gameplay: Bounty Missions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop looking up here!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-10-19, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Raymac
Brigadier General

Bounty Missions

I wanted to bounce this idea off of you guys to flesh it out a little bit more. Basically, the title speaks for itself...allow players to create missions that place a bounty on specific players. If there is some sort of currency in PS2, then that could be a reward, otherwise XP will work just fine.

The way I imagine it is a player can place a bounty on a specific player, like an enemy commander, or just an uber l337 player. Other players can also chip in to raise the bounty even higher. Then, in order to collect on the bounty, a player would need to accept the mission, so if you happen to randomly kill the player that has a bounty, and you had not accepted the mission then you don't get to collect.

I think an important part of this feature is allowing the player that has the bounty on them be able to see it. Partially so they can be prepared for being a high value target, but also for the cool factor and a source of pride knowing that you have a large price on your head, like Billy the Kid.

Clearly, there will need to be limitations on a system like this because of the potential for griefing, and exploiting. I think that can be handled simply by just limiting how often a new bounty can be placed on a player.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Flames?

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-10-19 at 03:15 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault