Random SuperWeapon/MegaVehicle Ideas - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whats A-Rack!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-12-23, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
GuvNuh
Corporal

Random SuperWeapon/MegaVehicle Ideas

I'm a big fan of the Big Kill, and I thought i'd start a thread to get y'all's thoughts on it. I l ike the general idea of superweapons and megavehicles-thermobaric bombs and capcom-style super tanks. More importantly, i like the prospect of blowing them up.

So, no matter how insanely unrealistic, overpowered, or unrelated, or improbable, i'd like to hear some of the superweapons or vehicles you'd like to see in a MMO like planetside. General or detailed, i enjoy it all. Here's a few of mine-

The flying fortress-I loved an old xbox/pc game called crimson skies because it let you control and fight giant zeppelins decked out with over 20 turrets on the larger ones. Imagine something like that ramped up for futuristic sci-fi fighting with a thousand people+ duking it out. some hovering monstrosity that just glides in and opens up with fifty turrets while spawning aircraft(manned) continuously. something like that you'd have to take out a number of it's twenty or so engines to crash it.

The LandKrawler- My basis for this would be the Imperial Guard StormLord Baneblade Tank. If you've never seen a warhammer 40k baneblade, find a pic, pretty badass tank to begin with. Anyways, something half the size of a football(american) field with 4-5 really big guns taking teams to operate, a dozen plus single man turrets, and space on the deck for 20-30 guys to fight ontop of it.

WMD's- i kinda like the idea of being able to torch a square mile of battlefield and everything inside it. I am not against high level outfits being able to call in powerful ordinance. Carpet bombings(could do this through mission hud anyways) Thermobaric Bombs, anything developed on a scorched earth policy is fine with me. Heh, imagine releasing aerosol LSD over a square mile of active fighting. I bet it gets real interesting down there real fast.

Bombardment-There's a crapload of debate on whether or not artillery in game is a good thing. Personally, even if we dont have a specific vehicle, what's wrong with being able to pop smoke and call in an ordinance strike from emplaced weapons at the nearest friendly base? could just have a few missile silos or some built in artillery/mortar implacements that react with random area shelling when troops pop artillery smoke. have the base weapons on a recharge timer that applies to everybody, that way can only call it in every so often, no matter who you are.

Drilling pods-cliche'd, but when 100 people burst from the ground in those transports like from G.I. Joe, right in the middle of yer base? Yeah, that might be fun, especially when the drilling vehicles have turrets.

Who doesn't like Transformers?-How cool would it be to be able to smash a couple prowlers or magriders together to create bigger, better Prowlers and Magriders?

Allright, lets see what you all can come up with.

Last edited by GuvNuh; 2011-12-23 at 09:18 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault