Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What happens if I press THIS button?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-03-13, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Nick
Corporal

Concerns with squad spawning and Light Assault

Hi all. As you know, squad spawning is now part of the game. However, I do believe there a number of abuses and imbalance with the proposed system.

Currently, a Commander with the proper certification is able to have his squad spawn on him. However, the Light Assault class adds a whole new dynamic with Jump Jets, allowing them to get into interesting and potentially abusive places for squad spawning. A Light Assault who is also a Commander can circumvent much of the base's obstacles, and get into a good spot where squad spawning would be quite strong. For example, getting into a spot where you can then spawn in a ton of MAX's which could quickly swing the tide of battle.

I think this form of squad spawning kind of cheapens the experience of a good fight. There's only a few solutions I thought of.

-Have squad spawn be from an Engineer deployable, so it can't be placed in abusive locations by a Light Assault commander (best idea I could think of)
-Making MAX's unable to squad spawn (kinda dumb restriction, doesn't make sense)
-Requiring Commanders to carry some new kind of the CUD that Light Assault isn't able to carry (doesn't really make sense either)

Maybe I'm reading to much into this but it seems like there definitely could be some problems with the current implementation for squad spawning.

What are your guys thoughts and opinions?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion