I don't understand infiltrator. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than Pizza Pockets and Dr. Pepper.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-05, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Forks
Private

I don't understand infiltrator.

I used to play PS1 a long time ago and never fully got into it. The other day I thought I'd re-sub and give it another go.

I wanted to try something new, so I went Infiltrator/hacker thinking I could support my team and do some fun stealthy stuff.

Here's my problem...EVERYONE SEES ME IMMEDIATELY. I'll be crouched (cloaked of course) in the middle of nowhere and I'll get picked off by a mosquito from 50 yards out. Forget about getting in bases, I can't even get anywhere near one without someone looking directly at me and crushing me instantly. I crouch walk, I hide in corners not moving so I should be 100% invisible, but people light me up like a Christmas tree anyway.

Today when I finally gave up I was in the middle of the woods not anywhere near my team and someone dropped a plasma grenade right on top of me. I wasn't moving, I was crouched, and he knew right where to throw it.

I know there are motion sensors placed around that can tip people off, but I can't even get close enough to a base to set one off. I also know there's the darklight implant(By the way, is there a way to tell if someone has this and can see you?) that can let people close by see me, but it's impossible that every single person has it, let alone being able to pinpoint me out of an aircraft.

I play TF2 Spy a lot and I'm pretty decent at it so I know how to watch my surroundings and when to move, when to stay where I am. I spend more time in respawn than anything else.

I'm not well-versed in the gameplay so I know I'm probably doing something wrong, but I've watched some videos of infiltrators, and I've read a few guides, and none of them say anything about why this is happening. In the videos I've seen the guy will just sneak right up behind people, plant a mine or whatever and leave without them even noticing. I don't mind dying every once in awhile if I mess up or something but this is just not fun for me.

TL;DR I don't know how people are seeing me while cloaked. Please help me have fun.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion