Cross-Class Functionality? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will be your friend for a dollar.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-12, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
wOOtbEEr
Private

Cross-Class Functionality?

Is there going to be any?

In PS1 a high BR Player could equip two guns, have a tool to heal and revive, another tool to repair armor and MAXes, and yet another tool to hack doors and terminals.

In PS2 it looks like the Medic will get the ability to area heal and even throw a grenade that will revive a group of casualties. But will he be able to repair the quad he's driving?
The heavy assault trooper carries the firepower to deal with any threat. But if his teammate goes down he has no way to revive him.

I know a lot of people will say that limiting abilities to their own classes forces teamwork to happen. I think the best teamwork in PS1 took place when everyone could fulfill multiple roles though. I love the new light assault class but if a squad of LA is going to move behind enemy line and cause disruptions it would be nice if a few of them could revive the others. Is every tank driver going to be an Engineer if he wants to repair his tank.

Has there been any word on this? What would people think of a cert tree in every non MAX class that would give you basic healing and repairing? Remember those would be cert points not spent on more class specific stuff so its not like its free.

Anyway. Planetside 2 already looks great. These are just my thoughts on something i'll miss from PS1

w00tb33r

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion