Driver/Gunners... NO! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma. Now with velcro!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-11, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Arkanor
Private

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Driving and gunning is easy, I would submit that I'm far more effective driving and gunning than I would be with a secondary gunner, or as a secondary gunner. I know where the tank needs to be, and I know the largest threat and how to shoot/dodge it better than a 2 man team is going to communicate.

Let's also forget the 2nd man doesn't just get a joke gun, given the map size that extra MG can be very effective, or substituted for something like an AA mount, something that tanks would greatly benefit from. 2 man crews will still be effective and preferable to 1, but the snap-reaction speed of not having to go outside one person's brain greatly benefits how the main gun works with the tank hull.

Battlefield series does it (very well I might add), World of Tanks does it. Video game tanks aren't rocket science, they're easy to drive on their own. Unless you're dealing with limited visibility, gearshifts, realistic terrain, or other limitations that do not exist in PS2 there's not much to do as a driver.

Though I would like the idea of a cooldown timer (5-20 sec) preventing you from switching a position, exiting/re-entering a vehicle after you've done that action. This cuts down on the TANK_SHOOT+MANPAT+TANK_SHOOT "free" shot.

Last edited by Arkanor; 2012-07-11 at 01:37 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion