Please remove Vehicle seat swapping. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because the real future sucks.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-17, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Re: Please remove Vehicle seat swapping.

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post

Most of the vehicles ate not designed with shared compartments, especially vehicles like the Lib, Gal, or tanks. I'm not talking about a mini-van here.
... In Planetside LIVE.

Planetside 2's tanks don't seem to have multiple entry hatches indicating compartmentalized stations within the tank. If we're going to even remotely expect some form of realism in our game, then it makes sense to expect the interior of our tanks to be set up similarly to how we build our tanks today. Or hell, a reasonable expectation with the tech available in the 2800's, it really should be as easy as flipping a switch.

The liberator and galaxy could very well have a similar connected setup. The practicality of trusting the craft to pretty much fly itself is another matter.

And as others have pointed out, there IS a timer on seat switching, with associated certifications to reduce the timer, but no proof of completely negating it, nor how long the base or fully certed switch takes.

I'm fine with seat switching. If someone moves to their secondary turret, they forfeit movement control, and in my mind, that trade off is never worth the specialized turret when in the kill zone. Sitting ducks are easy to pick off, no matter how heavily armored.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion