Gameplay: Less Combat, More Medic: Healing Weapons - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No one will mind if you post naked...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-18, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Lightbulb Less Combat, More Medic: Healing Weapons

TL;DR Summary
Heavy Assault chooses between MCG/Jackhammer/Lasher OR Rifle+Rocket Launcher.
Infiltrator chooses between sniper rifle OR super cloaking device.

Let the Combat Medic choose on spawn: Load their weapon with standard default ammo OR load it with nanite ammo that heals friendlies and does nothing to enemies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a support-oriented player, I'm more than willing to give up some combat capability in exchange for being better able to help my team. In this case, the Medic would be left only with a pistol for self-defense in order to heal teammates effectively at longer ranges. Though the numbers could be tweaked, the premise is simple:

In place of the Medic's standard combat ammo, allow them to load up their gun with healing rounds (nanite paintballs?) that perform identically to their standard weapon... EXCEPT the ammo heals friendlies and does not hurt enemies. I think something along the lines of 50% effect would be right (if the damaging ammo does 30 damage per shot, the healing ammo would heal 15 per shot).

In most cases, it would be more effective for the medic to use the damaging ammo, since they can do far more damage than they can heal. But the added range and versatility would make it worthwhile for many of us support junkies!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault