Questions for Pro7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: To activate the cheat mode, press alt-F4
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-07-31, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Questions for Pro7

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post
For the Pay-2-Win questions though, as it has come up a few times:

As you all know, with PlanetSide 2 SOE have gone to a huge amount of effort to build an F2P experience from the group up where pay to win isn't the solution. I mean, how many times have Matt & Smed talked about sidegrades, cosmetic purchases and the importance of maintaining a fair & level playing field?

So in my eyes it simply doesn’t make sense for us here in Europe to tamper with the exquisite & finely tuned gameplay balance of PlanetSide 2. I think adding a bunch of über-power items so we could just turn a quick buck would fly in the face of a lot of the idea and beauty of PlanetSide 2.

So while it might happen in the future where we may have some exclusive items on either end (I’d dare say at this stage it would be mostly cosmetic stuff), we will strive to ensure that they fit within the awesome PlanetSide 2 gameplay framework.

So no, there's no plans to change the PlanetSide 2 F2P model in Europe.
This statement dose nothing to put my mind at ease. All it really says is short term you plan to stick to the model set down by SOE. But long term I suspect your already thinking about how you can cash in once the F2P model has peaked in its profitability.

So basically is what your saying is once you've made as much as you can form the F2P model you will change it to P2W.

Not the answer me and I suspect allot of the EU community was hoping for.

||| Facebook | Twitter | Forums |||

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion