[Suggestion] Local Voice Communication - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Getting employees in hot water daily
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-02, 02:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ScramUK
Private

Lightbulb [Suggestion] Local Voice Communication

I'm sure you guys might of heard of a game called Armed Assault, the military sim done by Bohemia Interactive. If not, it's no loss - I'll post an example of what I'm talking about below.

Anyhow, a feature I've always liked about that game, that I'd like to see carried on to Planetside 2 is the way it handles voice communication. Whenever you wish to speak over the microphone in game, your characters lips move, and your voice can be heard by those around you. The further away you are, the more faint and distant your voice, and vice versa. Now it's a little feature that would make a big difference in the game. Imagine, if you will that within a battle, voices ring out to your left and right. Squad leaders giving out orders, soldiers shouting 'MEDIC' or simply chatting amongst themselves. It adds SO much atmosphere to a battle, that every battle I have played in since ARMA, seems eerily quiet, where its participants have this steely silence about them.

It would also be a factor in stealth getting close to the enemy base, wanting to keep a low profile, you may actually want to whisper to your squad, to avoid the enemy hearing you. On the flip side, you'd also hear them nattering away to one another...

Anyhow - any thoughts? Do you think voice working in this way would work well in planetside?

Guy hunting some chatty snipers

Another one

Last edited by ScramUK; 2012-08-02 at 02:17 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion