No Beta access for euro players ? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: quotes have a 3% success rate!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-03, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SpottyGekko
Sergeant

No Beta access for euro players ?

Yesterday I was lucky enough to snag a beta key on PSU's Beta Key Exchange. I was delighted and really looked forward to helping the PS2 dev team improve the game (yes, I actually DO test in beta's ).

However, I've been completely unable to register the beta key so far

I've had a Station account since 2004 (SWG days).
  1. At first, the "Redeem code" link from the Planetside 2 webpage didn't work. Got on Live Chat support and was told that SOE had a problem with their Billing System at that time, and that no account transactions were working.
  2. Tried again this morning, and this time it told me that the code could not be applied to my account because of "the status of my account".
  3. Checked my details and found that the CC I had registered as payment method had expired.
  4. Tried to enter new CC details and got the following error msg: "payment method is not valid for a US customer"

I also received a phone call from my bank to check that a billing attempt by SOE was in fact a legit transaction, which means the CC details were correct in their system.

Unfortunately, it's another 10 hours before Live Chat support opens for business, so I'll have to wait a while before I can follow-up this issue further.

I'm just wondering if it's still possible for euro customers to create new SOE Station account and use euro-based credit cards as a payment method ?

Any euro players here who have been able to register beta keys ?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion