Smedley: "Bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome" - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma gets e-mails abot putting his pants on
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-09-01, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Smedley: "Bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites and general jerks not welcome"

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...hones_racists/

I've been at PAX so I haven't yet had the opportunity to respond to this whole "*******" thing. Let me be crystal clear about where I stand on this and where SOE stands.

We will not tolerate bigots, homophobes, racists, anti-semites or people being basic asshats in our game. If we catch you doing any of that you're gone. I've read a great deal about *** ****** and seen enough to make me make this general comment - if I see any of this behavior whatsoever in the game I will personally ban anyone doing it. I will do it publicly and I will do it loudly and as broadly as I can possibly make happen. Go play another game if you want to act like a jerk. We don't need or want your business.

In the specific incident that happened TB responded to it very well and we're going to make sure to avoid showcasing any guild that represents itself that way even outside the game. If you don't like that, tough. We'll ban you for what you say in the game but if you act like a ray of sunshine inside the game you'll still get to play. But if you are a well known as being any of the things I listed above outside the game - guess what. You're not going to be on any of our public facing stuff.

I want to be clear that there's nothing we will do inside the game if you follow our rules. That wouldn't be right. We also aren't trying to be the internet police. This is a free country. People get to say what they want to say. But not in our game. It's our way or the highway on these subjects.

I also want all to know this is a hobby horse of mine personally. I really can't stand racists or homophobes or anti-semites. I think they are foul human beings and really don't want them anywhere near me.
Anyways. I hope I haven't minced words.
Thanks
Smed
Regardless of who's responsible, I'm personally glad that he's taken such a hard stance against this type of thing.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion