So I made a couple outposts... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Snap! Crackle! PSU!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-11-18, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

So I made a couple outposts...

Hey folks, I've been at SOE for a few weeks now getting adjusted to the new job and starting off in the world design team fixing a few bugs and getting the hang of level design. Recently you may have noticed a few new outposts and many re-vamps of existing outposts. Among those, I was responsible for two.

Amerish - Cobalt Communications

This outpost was moved and re-built about 500m away from its previous location for improved flow between Heyoka and Kwahtee. It was my first outpost! I was going for some good infantry combat and a cool little mountain outpost with good overwatch over the road out of Heyoka. I also put in several antenna to see how many scythes would get horse-shoed! It is a communications facility afterall!

Esamir - Jaeger's Fist

New outpost on Esamir at the junction between Andvari Bio lab, Jaeger's Crossing, and the Traverse. The position of this is in the rocky foothills and at the crossroads of three outposts where a lot of tanks roll through. Because of this I tried to make this into a tank-breaker outpost where infantry could easily get into those rocky hills and make it rough for tanks coming through and to help blunt a large tank force. Lots of cover for those that spawn there, shelter from aircraft, and easy access to the rocky hills are the key features of Jaeger's Fist.

If any of you have feedback on these outposts I'd gladly take some constructive criticism! I'd like to know if I achieved what I was going for with them and whether they are enjoyable. And of course if there are any really bad aspects I'd like to know that too so I can learn and correct. Anything you really like at them that you'd like to see more of at future outposts?

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-11-19 at 06:08 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion