Settings/Questions for Saitek X52 Pro - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Deprogramming Aimbots since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-11-26, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ratneck
Private

Settings/Questions for Saitek X52 Pro

I've got my X52 Pro mostly working with the flight in game, and it definitely makes the game more fun for me. I've run into a couple of issues and I was wondering if anyone else had found these and found a solution.

1) When I use the main hat for "ascend" and "Descend", it assigns buttons 128 and 130. These only rarely seem to work in game. When I load the profiler and break the hat into key presses and assign the "space" and "Left Control" to the up and down function on the hat, it works fine. Does anyone know why this is occurring, or has anyone else had a similar issue?

2) When I pull my throttle all the way back, after slowing down, I don't get a zero speed. I have the throttle set to Analog Throttle. It seems like I actually hit my lowest throttle point before the lower detent. I'm going to split that out into a key press (for brakes, if available), along with the upper detent (for afterburner). Either way, the ship always seems to be around 1 - 3 kph. The only way to get it to fully stop is to get out, and back in. I've checked my throttle in the saitek utility and it is giving a clean full on to full off. Has anyone else experienced this throttle "slop" at the bottom of the range?

3) The dual stage trigger. Does anyone have a sure fire way to assign the "second" stage of the trigger? I've found it detects the first stage and assumes that's what I want to program. I finally got it to work by assigning the first stage to what I want the trigger to hit, and then quickly doing it again and grabbing the trigger to make it sense the second stage, then I have to assign the first stage to another function and clear it. Is there a better way to do this?

4) Finally, does anyone have a set-up or profile for their stick they'd like to share? I'm still working on mine, and I'm new to the game so mine is still very much a work in progress....only two keys in the profile the rest is in the game....but I'll be changing that soon.

For now, I have the hat on the throttle set to my chat channels, I'm assuming they'll get the VoIP working better. The upper left stick hat I have for views, the lower hat only ascend and descend so far. And my buttons are randomly placed.

5) speaking of buttons, I have a button set to pull up the map, but is it possible to set a key to center on myself (is there a hotkey that doesn't involve clicking the little "man" in the center of the map panning tool?)?

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion