Gameplay: what about a "urban" type continent? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Diamond in the rough
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

View Poll Results: Do you like this idea? (read post first please)
YES, i absolutely love this idea 82 76.64%
YES, i think it would be cool but i wouldn't play on it often 8 7.48%
NO OPINION 2 1.87%
NO, good idea but, not really a planetside type enviroment 11 10.28%
NO, this is not a good idea 4 3.74%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-01-22, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
DemoTape
Private

Re: what about a "urban" type continent?

A urban-area is a great idea, but it should be a urban continent. Away from the three original ones. And for one thing, the fight that we have in the out perimeter of the bases is not a urban-fighting, not at all.

A urban-area should be first conceived as a small continent 10x10 km, like an artificial island city that was under attack by the three factions. But the principal idea of the city, is that it is a huge maze with unlimited ways to get across it. One awesome game that shows great urban-fighting is the single player campaign of Halo: ODST, that kind of gameplay is what I think would be cool to Planetside 2. Every building should have a doorway or a corridor or a second floor of some sort. But that just for the Infantry gameplay, for the vehicles there should be five-lanes highways crossing the city, some open areas like a park or a bombarded block. For last but not least the island should be covered in Skyscrapers huge ones(1 km high) that would make the air game.

What I mean with Air game, is that the map to compensate for it lack of size it should have four levels of game. Underground, Street Level, Highway and finally Top of Skyscrapers.

The Underground would be a connection of the sewers, metro and the Pillars that sustain the island. It would be focused on corridor infantry fight and small vessels naval combat between the a few larger areas of water ( with the possibilities of low-flying air combat); The Street level would be all about squad teamplay, and breaching through buildings, traps, sniping, and vehicles would be in disadvantage in this area since their mobility is changed for the two lane streets, the air combat would be present in the chases between the Skyscrapers and the Air-support for the ground-troops.The Highway would be a fast-paced area where it wouldn't matter really who would control the area, for it wouldn't have any fix defense it would be a no-man land served only with the purpose of moving the troops. The Skyscraper level would the dispute between air-crafts and infantry where they could only reach the top of the skyscrapers by Gal, and each skyscraper would be a control point and each one should be build to make a different fight a platoon focused on it would have to keep their galaxies alive so they could move from one to another, and only other way to get in would be through neutral teleports in the base of the skyscrapers.

Well, that's what I think. But they would have to increment the game with speedboats for the water combat, and a few different vehicles like the bug and a medium air transporter.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault