Okay, 8 days or so in... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cyssorside soooooo much fun.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-26, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Okay, 8 days or so in...

I gave my newbie first impressions:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=53005

And I've played on NC, Sol server, then I decided to take a looksee at TR and I hopped over to the Matherson server, just to see something new.

First off, night and day those servers are, at least when I was on in terms of combat, battles raging. For example, I was in a Squad, we were hopping points on the edge of a larger zerg taking the fight to the enemy. It was tons of fun. Well, at one point we got our butts handed to us and had to fall back. It was a "We gave it our all but damn, we got rolled" moment. As I stepped out of the spawn point... I looked up to see at LEAST 12 Gal's loaded, with various smaller AC covering them headed towards a Biodome away from us. It was... a hell'va sight to behold. Right then, right there I found my home.

The battles have been far more intense, lots of resistance, defenses... oh it was glorious. Sure, there was a moment we ended up taking down some uncovered installations, but that wasn't by choice, the main zerg had pulled everyone away and we chose the wrong places thinking we'd meet the enemy.

I've read the complaint threads here, and while I can to a point understand "PS2 isn't perfect", guys, it's got so much here. Of course, human nature aka "The grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome plays into it, some people just like to complain.

I'm gonna complain, about not having the time to play PS2 earlier. I'm in Heavy Assault, I wield a shotty and my rocket launcher... and you know what? I'm happy. I've charged in and died to a hail of fire, I've gotten behind the enemy and taken them by surprise clearing an entire room solo. I've also died to what I consider lag/bs, but that's FPS.

It's part and parcel of the genre. CS had it waaaaaaaay back in beta when Colts were scoped and you could bunny hop in Aztec and HS someone while carrying just a Deagle. Welcome to the shooter, get over the short comings and embrace the good.

Could PS2 use some more polish, sure, but then so could WoW and it's like 7 years old. I'm a paying subscriber to PS2, and I don't regret it.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion