Recent string of Emails to Smedley in regards to PS1 F2P Status - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this page will self-destruct in 5 seconds...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-04-22, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Recent string of Emails to Smedley in regards to PS1 F2P Status

I sent another follow up email to Smedley, no response just yet but I figured I'd let you guys know.

Dear Mr. Smedley,

By now you have undoubtedly received a number of emails in regards to Planetside 1. As I'm writing this right now, Planetside's 10th anniversary is less than one month away. I'm writing this to you to ask on behalf on the PS1 community, how keen you would be on the idea of giving away of one free month of Planetside subscription to all previous subscribers to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the game.

It is of our belief, the Planetside 1 community, that a free month given to past subscribers, would bolster populations back to high levels and potentially keep people subscribed to the game once more.

Here are just two threads, one with over 1000 views and the second nearing 1000 as we speak.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...332#post914332

http://forums.station.sony.com/soe/i...0061917/page-2

In these threads you can clearly see that the want from PS1 players to once again play Planetside is clearly there. Once again, the only thing keeping us from playing, is the subscription fee.

In the previous emails we exchanged, you said that "no one is playing Planetside. It's not because it's not F2P though". As evident from the two threads I linked you, and the emails you've probably received, there are a lot of people willing to play the game.

I understand that you must be very busy being the CEO of SOE and it probably takes a lot more work than we might think it does to do all of things we so desperately want, so it's not right of us to judge you for any decision you might make. Thank you for taking the time to read this and making an awesome game that been apart of mine and many others lives for the past 10 years!

Also, I have to agree with what Zulthus said. He hit the nail right on the head.

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Pretty much this ^. Everyone needs to stop assuming that nobody will ever play the game again once its F2P. It's a stupid and ridiculous assumption and acting like you could possibly know that is irritating.

Tons of people still play EverQuest 1, probably because it's F2P. There's absolutely no reason why Planetside 1 and Planetside 2 can't coexist together. By the logic I'm seeing from some people, they should just shut down EQ1 because it's 'the past' and put all of their effort into EQ2/3.

So, if you don't care about PS1 anymore and "you'll never go back to it" (which I guarantee you will once it's F2P) then you have no reason to post in this thread.

If you have no interest in playing PS once it goes F2P, simply don't post in the thread. There's no reason for it. It's not like PS1 going F2P could possibly affect PS2 in away. If you think that some how PS1 going F2P is going to interfere with PS2 then you are an idiot.

Also, updated the OP with links to the official forums thread which seems to be getting more traffic.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON

Last edited by Death2All; 2013-04-22 at 09:31 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion